Will this kill air manager?

General company announcements

Moderators: russ, Ralph

Ralph

Re: Will this kill air manager?

#21 Post by Ralph »

I don't remember exactly, but I think that the P2006T would indeed verify as a premium panel.
Then there's the other thing that we rather don't have single instruments. Only if they're complex enough, like the G5 and the EFD1000. A GNS430 for example would also qualify as complex. We did not consider the MD302 to be complex enough, sorry. That instrument would do fine as a free community instrument. I know this is a bit of a gray area, something that would have to be discussed beforehand.

Amerix

#22 Post by Amerix »

Sling wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 2:35 am
Amerix wrote: even after downloading the long-awaited "patch" from MSFS which, in my view, was 16 GB of perfumery.
:lol: :lol: That’s Microsoft for you.
Yes, but I'm not alone :? :lol:

Amerix

#23 Post by Amerix »

I've had Air Manager 3.x for some time now. I learned a lot and I thank everyone on the team and the forum staff for their help, whenever I needed it. I'll buy version 4, for sure. I can make instruments and use the interface with arduino. To build a homemade cockpit I need it, and it depends on the model, of course, to use "glass" screens, mainly for maps, weather radar etc. AM gives me analog instruments, displays, toogle keys, buttons, warning light and everything in between. But I need separate instruments, which will be arranged at different positions in the cabin. A single panel would not solve, in my specific case. I've been designing for two years and my options are an MD82, a Hawker XP 850 or an Embraer 145, in that order of priority. I can already run analog instruments via AM on the FS2020. But the maps, for the time being, I see no option but those "f..ox" popout ones. Still, I'm trying it for testing purposes. I don't intend to use them in the future cockpit. Even if I did, I bet they will never reach an acceptable level. For those who don't mind running a "simulator" on a big screen, with part 3D view showing, iPads and tablets and other devices like that ... all right, OK, be happy. I confess my frustration, in part, but I expected something like that, coming from Microsoft. Will AM give me maps? I buy with my eyes closed and the problem will be solved. Will we have a frontal view, without 2d or 3d panels on the FS so that I can distribute the view of the scenery on my screens? I doubt it. This is my point, and that of others who are more deeply involved with the construction of HC's. Sorry, most of the time I write in English, but thinking in Portuguese and I know it is difficult to interpret. Here in Brazil we are too passionate and tend to talk nonsense in the hottest moments of a conversation. On the other hand, we are also too kind and this may seem strange to those who don't know us. In any case, this text was just an explanation, an exposition from a point of view. Thank you all.

jph

#24 Post by jph »

Obrigado, de Portugal Continental. Muitas vezes as coisas se perdem na tradução. Jose. Perto de Braga, no Norte de Portugal.
Joe
Joe. CISSP, MSc.

aparsons671

#25 Post by aparsons671 »

Amerix wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 2:53 pm I've had Air Manager 3.x for some time now. I learned a lot and I thank everyone on the team and the forum staff for their help, whenever I needed it. I'll buy version 4, for sure. I can make instruments and use the interface with arduino. To build a homemade cockpit I need it, and it depends on the model, of course, to use "glass" screens, mainly for maps, weather radar etc. AM gives me analog instruments, displays, toogle keys, buttons, warning light and everything in between. But I need separate instruments, which will be arranged at different positions in the cabin. A single panel would not solve, in my specific case. I've been designing for two years and my options are an MD82, a Hawker XP 850 or an Embraer 145, in that order of priority. I can already run analog instruments via AM on the FS2020. But the maps, for the time being, I see no option but those "f..ox" popout ones. Still, I'm trying it for testing purposes. I don't intend to use them in the future cockpit. Even if I did, I bet they will never reach an acceptable level. For those who don't mind running a "simulator" on a big screen, with part 3D view showing, iPads and tablets and other devices like that ... all right, OK, be happy. I confess my frustration, in part, but I expected something like that, coming from Microsoft. Will AM give me maps? I buy with my eyes closed and the problem will be solved. Will we have a frontal view, without 2d or 3d panels on the FS so that I can distribute the view of the scenery on my screens? I doubt it. This is my point, and that of others who are more deeply involved with the construction of HC's. Sorry, most of the time I write in English, but thinking in Portuguese and I know it is difficult to interpret. Here in Brazil we are too passionate and tend to talk nonsense in the hottest moments of a conversation. On the other hand, we are also too kind and this may seem strange to those who don't know us. In any case, this text was just an explanation, an exposition from a point of view. Thank you all.
I had no idea following your thinking at all, very well versed in English, moreso than many Americans I know who ONLY need to know English.

One thing I have done for the outside view issue is to edit the cameras.cfg in the aircraft folder...getting the eyepoint right is a bit of trial and error, but I put it right on the dashboard behind the windscreen to keep the windshield effects for rain and ice, while also not seeing the panel, and also seeing the nose of the aircraft as you would in real life. When the day comes that we can create a separate view with it's own camera assignment (say Alt+1 for left window view and Alt+2 for Right window view) and those can be mapped to separate screens, HCs will be back to where they were on other platforms. Until then, yes, it is not yet made for high-end HCs. I'm guessing one of the things we need for this multi-display support will happen when VR is being implemented...VR is by it's nature 2 displays showing same view from slightly offset cameras. This is exactly what we need, but instead of the cameras pointed in the same direction from different viewpoints, they would be angled differently from likely same viewpoint (might have to offset viewpoint to get the exact view needed). We also need view FOV (horizontal and vertical) to be adjustable based on the displays used and zoom just doesn't cut it.

Keith Baxter

#26 Post by Keith Baxter »

@Ralph

Can we please move this thread to an appropriate section. I believe that this thread (IMO) is in the incorrect section, it is not a Sim Innovations Announcement.
Many thanks.

Keith
AMD RYZEN 9 5950X CPU, Corsair H80I cooler, ASUS TUF GAMING B550-PLUS AMD Ryzen Mother Board,  32Gb ram Corsair Vengeance 3000Mh, MSI GTX960 4G graphics card 

Amerix

#27 Post by Amerix »

jph wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 3:21 pm Obrigado, de Portugal Continental. Muitas vezes as coisas se perdem na tradução. Jose. Perto de Braga, no Norte de Portugal.
Joe
Salve, caro amigo. Forte abraço aqui da antiga colonia. Saudades da "terrinha", e sem poder viajar. Temos uma pequena casa em Viana do Castelo, alguns km distante de ti. Amo aquele lugar como se lá tivesse nascido. Américo, sul do Brasil, litoral, perto de Curitiba, estado do Paraná.

Amerix

#28 Post by Amerix »

aparsons671 wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 3:57 pm I had no idea following your thinking at all, very well versed in English, moreso than many Americans I know who ONLY need to know English.
One thing I have done for the outside view...
Thank you for your kind words, dear friend.
The first thing I did was to change the camera settings. I already did this in the days of FSX, before learning to eliminate the 3d panel with an hexadecimal editor. The hex editor doesn't work on MSFS but the cameras do. I put the basic AM panel on another monitor and everything worked (far from ideal but it worked). I confess that I never tried to use VR and therefore I know absolutely nothing about it but I was able to realize the possibility through your dissertation. What remains for us is to wait, as you said. At my age (almost 60) I learned that the pleasure is not always in getting something but it can also be in the process of trying. So I don't stop searching :lol:. Grateful for the kindness of your comment.