FlightSimCon 2016

General company announcements

Moderators: russ, Ralph

russ

Re: FlightSimCon 2016

#11 Post by russ »

Jack

That is really a decision for Ralph. We know that most of the "real" aviation world is based on English so we haven't pursued that, I think the manuals and WiKi would benefit from translation to other languages more than the software but that is a big project. We have so many ideas for improvement of Air manager and despite our limited resources we are trying to move forward as fast as we can. That scarcest critical element is Corjan's programming hours. He , like us all, is using his spare time.

The question is will marketing produce revenue to speed up development, or will further development and radical innovation drive the market. Until Sim Innovations could support Corjan as a full time employee we have to triage our resources.

Your offer is kind but my opinion is that at this point that even if you did the work we might be making a future commitment we cannot fairly support in multiple languages. I don't think Ralph has even updated the Wiki to version 2.1.2 yet in English.

What would you think if we had a french language area on the forums where you and other french speakers could support our customers? We probably have power users from other languages too... I know Dutch is covered? That way some people may feel more confident trying Air Manager knowing support in their language is possible? It might be nice to have a few How To videos in other languages to for key topics like Installation amd basic operation of Air Manager.

Comments?
Russ Barlow
Air Manager Evangelist

JackZ

#12 Post by JackZ »

Russ

You are obviously true saying that Pilots commonly use English as their working language, but most Sim guys are not real pilots like you and I.

I know lots of French cockpit builders in the french Aircockpit forum who have a hell of a trouble speaking English so I figured that translating AM would help them. (I mean the menus only, not the Lua language and AM primitives). It depends wether languages ressources can be easily translated or are embedded directly in the code.

But you're right this would mean also to have the wiki translated as well, so a cry for help should probably be needed.
That doesn't mean that you are forced to provide support in other language than English, as long as you specify this.
The idea of having a part of the forum in French is interesting!

Jacques
My YouTube Chanel on the A320 (Real SOPs by an Airline Pilot IRL):
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... 0Q6SBASRqJ

Ralph

#13 Post by Ralph »

It's on our road map, but I'm not sure which version, I think 2.3.0. I'll let you know when it's time :) Thanks!

Oh and yes, I forgot about the wiki a little bit. Also didn't had much time. I will try this week.