User Help

Everything about Flight Illusion hardware in combination with Air Manager or Gstep.

Moderators: russ, Ralph

Denis

User Help

#1 Post by Denis »

Hi,

I'm a newbie in Sim Innovation software, i want to migrate my setup with a few Flight Illusion gauges to FS2020. ;)
My hardware is OK under P3D with FI driver, but with Air Manager, it si more complicated. :x :x

Is there anywhere a step by step for configuring this ?

Air manager r wks two times the same way, my gauges are sometimes working fine (never all together :oops: ), some seem not fully working (eg : heading with barber pole gauge seems not working in MSFS, Chronometer/clock : the digits are never on, needle and light OK :evil: :evil: ).

I can move the needles in Air manager, but in the sim, there is always almost one gauge not working. In this case, the former and the latter in the daisy chain can be OK.

Regards

Ralph

Re: User Help

#2 Post by Ralph »

Not really sure what you mean. But Air Manager and Gstep use the exact same code and same instrument scripts, so you probably haven't configured it correct.

Denis

#3 Post by Denis »

Hi Ralph,

What I mean is that when i use the old driver for P3D, Everything works fine and i can configure what I need in the driver menus.

With the last one from FI site (for MSFS), the functionnalities are now poor and i only find light level but cannot calibrate the needles or other specifications.

So i began with Air manager : but some gauges are not MSFS compliant (hope for the moment :) ), I didn't find a way to calibrate a needle. So my indicated airspeed does not show the good speed.

And sometimes, the first flight is succesful : my gauges are functionning and showing the good values, but when i immediatly start another flight, some gauges work fine like 5 mn before, others not.
I didn't have such erratic behaviour in P3D.

I can manage the light from my chrono, but when the flight begins and the driver is managing the gauges, the digits are off.

Where can i indicate that my heading bug is driving the AP ?

Where can i calibrate the yaw damper gauge (this needed a specific calibration with FI's driver to work correctly).

Best regards
PS : Sorry for my bad english :oops:

Ralph

#4 Post by Ralph »

Our software has no calibration functionality, because that shouldn't be necessary. If a gauge needs to be calibrated each time, then there's something wrong with it.
If the needles don't move, then check if Air Manager is still connected to the flight simulator.