Knobster problem with Beta 4 and Linux

Support for the SimWareKits Knobster in combination with Air Manager and Air Player

Moderators: russ, Ralph

hansle52

Knobster problem with Beta 4 and Linux

#1 Post by hansle52 »

I am using the knobster (not the DIY version) with X-Plane 11 and Linux as the system. With Airmanager 3 everything perfect. Recently I installed the Beta 4, but the Knobster no longer works. It says it's turned off and I can't turn it on. How can I solve this problem?

Corjan

Re: Knobster problem with Beta 4 and Linux

#2 Post by Corjan »

Hi,

I was planning on creating a new Linux build tomorrow, will test the DIY knobster while I am at it.

Corjan

Corjan

#3 Post by Corjan »

Hi again.

Note by the way that with AM 4.0 you have to manually add the DIY knobster using the '+ Device' button on the top.

Did you do that?

Corjan

hansle52

#4 Post by hansle52 »

Yes, I have tried adding the Knobster manually. I have 1 choice and that is port / dev / ttyACM0. It will say that the system is searching for port 'dev / ttyACM0', but the Knobster is not found.
With the command 'dmseg | grep_tty 'I get the answer:' irq = 4 baseband = 115200 is a 16550A '

hansle52

#5 Post by hansle52 »

Today I downloaded the version 4.0. After installation I saw that the Knobster was switched on for my panels. That was in demo mode. I was unable to use it in demo mode. It said the panel could not be used in demo mode. After this I bought the version 4.0 and activated it. After start-up the Konbster did not work. It was also no longer recognized in the panels. Then I tried to install the Knobster as a DIY. Unfortunately, that doesn't work either.

Ralph

#6 Post by Ralph »

You are using the 'official' Knobster then? Not the DIY version? Did you follow the procedures described in the video?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nIDzAnncB8g

hansle52

#7 Post by hansle52 »

Yes, I have the original Knobster. I have tried the options from the video. When I look under Knobster at Panel, I see that the Knobster is disabled. However, I don't have an option to enable the Knobster.

Ralph

#8 Post by Ralph »

Is it visible in Air Manager like in the video?

hansle52

#9 Post by hansle52 »

No, the Knobster is no longer visible. After the installation of V4, the panels were transferred and then the Knobster was visible. Not any more. Unfortunately not controllable. When connecting the Knobster it is indicated within Linux as:
Bus 003 Device 021: ID 16d0: 0e8a MCS

hansle52

#10 Post by hansle52 »

Have you already made a Linux build for the Knobster in version AM4.0?