Knobster back in stock in the near future?

Support for the SimWareKits Knobster in combination with Air Manager and Air Player

Moderators: russ, Ralph

Avenger

Knobster back in stock in the near future?

#1 Post by Avenger »

The outlets have kept pushing back the restock dates for months now. Will it really be available anytime soon? Thanks!

Ralph

Re: Knobster back in stock in the near future?

#2 Post by Ralph »

It will be available around mid April. The rotary encoders came in last week, after nearly 6 months (or maybe more I don't remember anymore), the PCB assembly company is doing their thing at the moment, then it is our job to put them together.

We already placed the order for new ones. The production of the rotary encoder takes 16 weeks, and we got our hands on the last stock of USB connectors, which was going out of stock for 32 weeks.

Keith Baxter

#3 Post by Keith Baxter »

Ralph wrote: Sat Mar 20, 2021 3:12 pm It will be available around mid April. The rotary encoders came in last week, after nearly 6 months (or maybe more I don't remember anymore), the PCB assembly company is doing their thing at the moment, then it is our job to put them together.

We already placed the order for new ones. The production of the rotary encoder takes 16 weeks, and we got our hands on the last stock of USB connectors, which was going out of stock for 32 weeks.
Ralph,

Do sit a workbench and do all the soldering? :P

Keith
AMD RYZEN 9 5950X CPU, Corsair H80I cooler, ASUS TUF GAMING B550-PLUS AMD Ryzen Mother Board,  32Gb ram Corsair Vengeance 3000Mh, MSI GTX960 4G graphics card 

Ralph

#4 Post by Ralph »

I'm not sure what you mean.

Avenger

#5 Post by Avenger »

Ralph wrote: Sat Mar 20, 2021 3:12 pm It will be available around mid April. The rotary encoders came in last week, after nearly 6 months (or maybe more I don't remember anymore), the PCB assembly company is doing their thing at the moment, then it is our job to put them together.

Thanks for the update. I would love to get my hands on a retail knobster.

Ralph

#6 Post by Ralph »

Avenger

#7 Post by Avenger »

Ralph wrote: Sun Mar 28, 2021 2:07 pm It's back in stock! https://www.siminnovations.com/hardware ... 7-knobster
I am in the USA. Can I order from you or do I have to wait?

Ralph

#8 Post by Ralph »

Yes you can. It'll soon be for sale at XforcePC as well. They're all hand made by family and friends (and us), so it takes a while to have enough stock to ship to XforcePC.

Avenger

#9 Post by Avenger »

Ralph wrote: Sun Mar 28, 2021 6:05 pm Yes you can. It'll soon be for sale at XforcePC as well. They're all hand made by family and friends (and us), so it takes a while to have enough stock to ship to XforcePC.
Thanks, just ordered one! I hope they are tested thoroughly. I had a diy one that was made for me that had issues as I wrote in the other thread. Thanks again!