PUSH/PULL SWITCH FOR KNOBSTER

Support for the SimWareKits Knobster in combination with Air Manager and Air Player

Moderators: russ, Ralph

PDXMIKE

PUSH/PULL SWITCH FOR KNOBSTER

#1 Post by PDXMIKE »

Total noob here, just getting started with Air Manager. Finally got a touch screen set up and working, and looking forward to AM ver 4.0 and FS2020. The Knobster is very interesting, but am I correct that the current version only has a momentary PUSH button? Is there any plan to make one that has a PUSH/PULL (two way) switch?

Mike Botkin

ericrolfe

Re: PUSH/PULL SWITCH FOR KNOBSTER

#2 Post by ericrolfe »

Hi Mike,

Can you describe what you are trying to achieve with the push/pull knob?

You can design an Air Manager instrument that appears to have a push pull switch, but it's activated by the "momentary PUSH button". Clicking the inner knob will change the state of the switch from "pushed in" to "pulled out" and vice versa. That's the beauty of the Knobster - it can work with any knob in the instrument panel.

If for some reason you really want a physical push/pull switch, then you will likely have to roll your own - to work with one of the instruments in your panel.
Not too difficult, if you can find a good device.

Russ and Ralph will have more comprehensive answers, I'm sure.

PDXMIKE

#3 Post by PDXMIKE »

ericrolfe wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 2:56 am Hi Mike,

Can you describe what you are trying to achieve with the push/pull knob?

You can design an Air Manager instrument that appears to have a push pull switch, but it's activated by the "momentary PUSH button". Clicking the inner knob will change the state of the switch from "pushed in" to "pulled out" and vice versa. That's the beauty of the Knobster - it can work with any knob in the instrument panel.

If for some reason you really want a physical push/pull switch, then you will likely have to roll your own - to work with one of the instruments in your panel.
Not too difficult, if you can find a good device.

Russ and Ralph will have more comprehensive answers, I'm sure.
I was thinking about the auto pilot function on the A320, where you pull for selected mode or push for managed mode.

Sling

#4 Post by Sling »

Just as Eric said the push button can be used to toggle between pushed in or pulled out modes.

Tony

Ralph

#5 Post by Ralph »

If you can provide us with a similar rotary encoder that has a push/pull button, then please go ahead :lol: