DIY Knobster in Beta 4.13 seen but not functional.

Support for the SimWareKits Knobster in combination with Air Manager and Air Player

Moderators: russ, Ralph

olof

DIY Knobster in Beta 4.13 seen but not functional.

#1 Post by olof »

DIY Knobster in Beta 4.13 shows up and picks a com channel, but does not work in FS2020 for me anyway.
AirManager sees it and says "No channel assigned" in panel config popup for Knobster. Dials don't turn yellow to manipulate in my instruments even just heading bug, I know the G530 does not work yet.
I have been adding the FS2020 code to the subscribes and all the instruments work as touchscreen and update well in FS2020.
I did update to the latest SiConnect this morning as well.
I am very happy that AM works so well with FS2020.
It would just be great to get the Knobster working as well. Maybe I am missing something.
Photo of panel I am working on for the M20:
MooneyAMpanel - 1 (1).jpeg

Ralph

Re: DIY Knobster in Beta 4.13 seen but not functional.

#2 Post by Ralph »

The Knobster is not simulator or instrument specific, so it doesn't have anything to do with FS2020.

Did you flash the Arduino in the latest 4.0 beta? Is it configured for your panel (panel settings)?

If the dials highlight yellow then you're okay. Also note, due to bugs/features missing in FS2020, not all inputs to the sim work. Events being listed in their documentation does not guarantee that it works. Microsoft/Asobo still has a lot of work to do.

olof

#3 Post by olof »

I got it working. Thanks for the quick reply.
I just went through setting up the Arduino Knobster one more time and now it shows up as Knobster A.
I did not refresh fro the 3.7 version.
Dials now turn yellow and work. Both heading and course bugs. OBS dials and switch on DME is working with DIY Knobster as well.
These are great improvements.
I know FS2020 has a long way to go with the SDK. I just think it is a great product start and Asobo seems to be working hard to make it better. I really enjoy flying in it. I still use XP as well of course. It is just so nice to fly in the clouds w/o the frame rate loss of XP and no Ortho needed to navigate VFR. And BTW water looks fantastic after the 1.9.3 patch this morning.

Thanks so much to SimInnovations for your quick work on this BETA AM. I will be happy to buy the final version as soon as it comes out.

robertwaite

#4 Post by robertwaite »

olof,
I see you have a GPS unit within your panel.
I have been unable to wire any of the events i have found into something that works. If you got something working to control the buttons and dials of the GPS i would be very keen on seeing how you did it.
Im also keen on getting a wire up to a G1000 but assume the som is not yet ready to control that via events.
Thanks
Robert

olof

#5 Post by olof »

None of the dials or buttons on the 530 work yet.
I just display it in the panel so I can see the screen. I have to change settings in FS2020.
It looks nice to at least see the controls, and once they work all the better.

robertwaite

#6 Post by robertwaite »

I thought that would be the case but hoped it not to be.
If I get any leads on what we need to do ill let you know.
let me know if you find anything
Thanks

doog

#7 Post by doog »

Mine's still not working. I need to reflash it?

olof

#8 Post by olof »

As I remember you have to go to devices and click on the Arduino then shows up and then there is a choice; "use as Knobster". Click that, I don't think this reflashes the Knobster.
After a relaunch of AM this worked for me.
Mine uses Com 8 channel for some reason, maybe back when I originally flashed the Arduino, I choose that. I have 3 home made Knobster, so A, B and C. The other 2 get used on Airplayer and Mac machines, with their own licenses.

olof

#9 Post by olof »

The DIY Knobster is working fine in 4b13.
The only note I can make is that I have to enable Knobster every time I launch AM with a Panel made for the Mooney.
It forgets I enabled the Knobster on every new launch.
Not a big deal, but should be on the bug list IMHO.

ylevesque

#10 Post by ylevesque »

Same for me.
Original Knobster works in AM 4.0 beta 13 but I have to reconnect it manually every time I start AM.
Do I need to reflash it?
Yves