KnobXP failure on Nav/Com 2

Support for the SimWareKits Knobster in combination with Air Manager and Air Player

Moderators: russ, Ralph

Kaellis991

KnobXP failure on Nav/Com 2

#1 Post by Kaellis991 »

Just now downloaded and installed the KnobXP plugin. I am running the JF Arrow III which has a second Nav/Com but without the STBY frequency function. I believe all of the modes are working except for NAV2 / COM 2 freqs. I looked at the JSON NAV2_FREQ file which has command lines in it for flipping the frequencies. This aircraft doesn’t have the STBY feature on the second Nav/com.
So when I select the NAV2 or COM2 mode with the Knobster the frequencies For the aircraft radios will not change. It works fine in any other aircraft that has the STBY Nav/Com radios. (C172, DIamond, King Air, Baron). This arrow is the only one in my X plane hangar that does not have the STBY radios. Tried both the COM2 modes and the one NAV2 mode shown below.
I was so hoping for that capability from this Knobster.
992B523D-7978-4CE3-9A1F-798AAD00EB5B.jpeg
Last edited by Kaellis991 on Tue Sep 15, 2020 8:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ralph

Re: KnobXP failure on Nav/Com 2

#2 Post by Ralph »

I wouldn't really call this a failure... It's something aircraft specific. You can create your own modes: http://siminnovations.com/wiki/index.ph ... nced_usage
It would be a custom mode for that aircraft.

Kaellis991

#3 Post by Kaellis991 »

I tried with what little knowledge I have but no luck.
Will just ignore it, move on and use what works.
Pretty much like almost everything else associated with X plane.

Ralph

#4 Post by Ralph »

You can take a mode, save it with different name and replace the commands with what you like. Shouldn't be too hard.