Knobster does X-Plane VR

Support for the SimWareKits Knobster in combination with Air Manager and Air Player

Moderators: russ, Ralph

WJJ

Knobster does X-Plane VR

#1 Post by WJJ »

As I watched the video, it seemed that using Knobster’s push button function to select in the list was a huge step forward from using the controller to select the line before using Knobster to make the setting.

As I am never quite satisfied with anything short of the airplane, it occurred to me that it would be wonderful if Knobster could be used to select an actual knob or button instead of the menu line.

Then one could scroll through to the one wanted, as in the menu, press Knobster to select it, and make the setting.

Using the B737 as an example, the initial selection press on Knobster could always select the altitude knob and one could scroll left or right with the small knob on Knobster, or scroll up or down with the large knob on Knobster.

The up would move to the overhead panel at the left start switch or thereabout, while down would move to auto brakes or thereabouts.

As you have probably figured out, I dislike menus.

xilonoide

Re: Knobster does X-Plane VR

#2 Post by xilonoide »

Hi WJJ,

You can create a VoiceAttack profile. https://voiceattack.com/

Try my sample:
X-Plane Knobster.zip
(6.03 KiB) Downloaded 228 times

With this sample you can say: "knob heading" to select heading knob (or anything else) and then you can turn it with knobster. It's in spanish but you can translate it to english, add more options, etc.

IMPORTANT steps:

1) configure KnobXP (in X-Plane config) keys with [CONTROL] + [KeyPad +] for Up and [CONTROL] + [KeyPad -] for down list movement
2) when you are ready in the cockpit, and KnobXP shown in screen (VR or Desktop) you must say: "KNOB RESET" with "Altitude reference" list item selected (this action reset and start the VoiceAttack "script" magic).