Knobster V2 won't connect in Air Manager

Support for the SimWareKits Knobster in combination with Air Manager and Air Player

Moderators: russ, Ralph

MikeJoyce

Knobster V2 won't connect in Air Manager

#1 Post by MikeJoyce »

Windows 10 Pro. I can see the device register in the control panel Devices when I plug it in.]
But it's always "disconnected" in Air Manager.

Any ideas?

Thanks!
MikeJ
Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG

Ralph

Re: Knobster V2 won't connect in Air Manager

#2 Post by Ralph »

This can mean that it has been connected before but isn't now. It's better to check the Windows device list.

MikeJoyce

#3 Post by MikeJoyce »

It seems normal in the device list?
Capture.PNG

MikeJoyce

#4 Post by MikeJoyce »

Another note, I purchased two of them and both have the same result when plugged in separately. Must be a software issue?

Ralph

#5 Post by Ralph »

Do you have KnobXP in X-Plane running maybe or do you have Air Player on the same computer?

MikeJoyce

#6 Post by MikeJoyce »

Just running Air Manager, XPlane is not running.

CSUBuzz

#7 Post by CSUBuzz »

We are having the same problem. We updated to Air Mgr V3 in July and purchased Knobster V2 on 8/15/20 and installed it 8/20/20. Window10 recognizes the Knobster as a device but AirMgr V3 does not list it at all in the Display Menu. We have followed all setup instructions. This is very frustrating. Please help.

Roxus

#8 Post by Roxus »

I just started getting this too, after moving my AM 3.7 from my SimPC (Windows 7) to a laptop (Windows 7).
When I disconnect the USB from the Knobster and replug, many times (but not all) I see it in AM go into Connected mode for a very brief moment (seconds) and then switch to Disconnected.
Only once last night did it stay Connected for any meaningful time that I could actually rotate a knob on a gauge before it disconnected again.

I brought it in to work this morning and loaded AM4.0 BETA and it appears and stays Connected (AM4B wont open the demo panel so I cant test its functionality)
I just wanted to verify that the board and cable weren't FUBAR anyway, so that's partially verified, I guess ?

Is there an AM3.7 log and maybe some debug switches to see why it keeps disconnecting from the Knobster almost straight away ?

Ralph

#9 Post by Ralph »

Windows 7 is very dodgy when it comes to USB (and other issues), I wouldn't recommend it. But beside from that, please send such issues through a support ticket.

Roxus

#10 Post by Roxus »

Trying to raise a ticket, forgotten password on siminnovations.com, trying to reset :

Notice
SMTP Error! Could not authenticate.

Error
Failed sending email.