KnobsterVoice v.1.3.5 - You can play FS2020 and any sim with Knobster (VoiceAttack required)

Support for the SimWareKits Knobster in combination with Air Manager and Air Player

Moderators: Ralph, russ

Corjan

Re: KnobsterVoice v.1.3.5 - You can play FS2020 and any sim with Knobster (VoiceAttack required)

#21 Post by Corjan » Fri Apr 09, 2021 7:51 pm

Hi,

We have heard of similar issues with certain USB hubs. Are you using any type of hub?

Corjan

Spitfire9

Re: KnobsterVoice v.1.3.5 - You can play FS2020 and any sim with Knobster (VoiceAttack required)

#22 Post by Spitfire9 » Fri Apr 09, 2021 8:36 pm

No hub . Just plugged ito the front 3.0 on computer .

Spitfire9

#23 Post by Spitfire9 » Fri Apr 09, 2021 9:20 pm

I tried a different USB on back of the computer and it works great now .
Very handy add on for VR flying !

Thanks much .

jph

#24 Post by jph » Sat Apr 10, 2021 9:58 am

Spitfire9 wrote:
Fri Apr 09, 2021 9:20 pm
I tried a different USB on back of the computer and it works great now .
Very handy add on for VR flying !

Thanks much .
Hi,
It is worth noting that the actual ports on the PC Mainboard are NOT all independent ports. Many are actually assigned to internal USB Hub(s) on the mainboard.
So what @Corjan says could well be indicative of the issue. - and to why changing a port on the mainboard could 'cure' the issue. Front panel ports are often guilty of a lot sins ;)
As to why one works and one doesn't is something to explore as one port on the mainboard may well be on a different bus as to another. This is an interesting case here with AM and the hardware don't want to 'play together' - I have no idea why ?, and, I would definitely say it shouldn't happen - but at least you have a workaround until a possible solution may be forthcoming.
It IS interesting though. :shock:
Joe
“Everything in moderation, including moderation.”
“Experience is merely the name men gave to their mistakes.”
Joe (CISSP) -IT security consultant