KnobsterVoice v.1.3.5 - You can play FS2020 and any sim with Knobster (VoiceAttack required)

Support for the SimWareKits Knobster in combination with Air Manager and Air Player

Moderators: russ, Ralph

Corjan

Re: KnobsterVoice v.1.3.5 - You can play FS2020 and any sim with Knobster (VoiceAttack required)

#21 Post by Corjan »

Hi,

We have heard of similar issues with certain USB hubs. Are you using any type of hub?

Corjan

Spitfire9

Re: KnobsterVoice v.1.3.5 - You can play FS2020 and any sim with Knobster (VoiceAttack required)

#22 Post by Spitfire9 »

No hub . Just plugged ito the front 3.0 on computer .

Spitfire9

#23 Post by Spitfire9 »

I tried a different USB on back of the computer and it works great now .
Very handy add on for VR flying !

Thanks much .

jph

#24 Post by jph »

Spitfire9 wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 9:20 pm I tried a different USB on back of the computer and it works great now .
Very handy add on for VR flying !

Thanks much .
Hi,
It is worth noting that the actual ports on the PC Mainboard are NOT all independent ports. Many are actually assigned to internal USB Hub(s) on the mainboard.
So what @Corjan says could well be indicative of the issue. - and to why changing a port on the mainboard could 'cure' the issue. Front panel ports are often guilty of a lot sins ;)
As to why one works and one doesn't is something to explore as one port on the mainboard may well be on a different bus as to another. This is an interesting case here with AM and the hardware don't want to 'play together' - I have no idea why ?, and, I would definitely say it shouldn't happen - but at least you have a workaround until a possible solution may be forthcoming.
It IS interesting though. :shock:
Joe
Joe. CISSP, MSc.

luki117

#25 Post by luki117 »

Hey,
I'm new here, and run Knobster since two years. First in Xplane with the App and now with MSFS2020 via KnobsterVoice v.1.3.5.

From the beginning with this tool i have also the problem with speed setting.
I bind the outer knob to the same key as the inner. The outer one is set to fast, the inner one to slow.
So i want to change the Altitude in A32NX e.g.

But the speed of changing in MSFS is for both knobs the same. Only when i turn a knob faster it changed from 100 to 1000ft steps. But also for both knobs. The speed settings seems to have no effect.
This makes it very difficult to set the right Alitude while flight, because you never know exactly how fast do you have to turn for 100 or 1000ft steps.
After i read this thread, i try several USB Ports. But without any effect.
Any idea? Is there maybe a chance for a software update?

Best regards
Luki

Ralph

#26 Post by Ralph »

This is not hardware related I suppose. Note that we (Sim Innovations) are not the developer of this Knobstervoice application, so we're not able to help.

luki117

#27 Post by luki117 »

xilonoide wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 10:48 pm Please report bug and suggestions in this post.
But i can read this in the first post here...
Besides: I think its time for SimInnovation to bring a tool like KnobsterXP for MSFS. Because not erverayone would like to use AirManager!

Best regards

Luki

Ralph

#28 Post by Ralph »

We would love to, but this isn't possible in FS2020. Their WebAssembly stuff does not allow you to access USB devices.
We're still waiting for them to make this possible somehow. And as you might know, Microsoft / Asobo is a big fortress, they don't listen to you unless you 'give' them money.

jph

#29 Post by jph »

luki117 wrote: Mon Nov 08, 2021 7:15 am
xilonoide wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 10:48 pm Please report bug and suggestions in this post.
But i can read this in the first post here...
Besides: I think its time for SimInnovation to bring a tool like KnobsterXP for MSFS. Because not erverayone would like to use AirManager!

Best regards

Luki
Hi Luki, The original post was made by a user, not by SimInnovations. Perhaps speak to the user who posted it ?
As much as we would all like many things for many sims, FS2020 is simply not ready and wont be for many years. Even now, the concentration is on XBOX - NOT PC. The future of fs2020 is on XBOX with closed hardware. The XBOX concentration causes fs2020 to become simply another kiddie console game. a GTA5 with nice visuals. Simply a game, not a sim - that is the future.
Joe. CISSP, MSc.

Bulva

#30 Post by Bulva »

I came across KnobsterVoice by accident.
I watched the movie -> this is brilliant for VR users.
I use and would love to only use KnobsterVoice on X-Plane
I downloaded the latest version of the program - 1.3.5
I created my own profile etc, run the KnobsterVoice application, then run VoiceAttack and everything is OK up to this point.
But ...
I start XP and when XP is loads the KnobsterVoice window closes by itself. Where do I go wrong ????
I am asking for help, because KnobsterVoice is a great help for a knobster in VR ...