Knobster support FS2020?

Support for the SimWareKits Knobster in combination with Air Manager and Air Player

Moderators: russ, Ralph

Ralph

Re: Knobster support FS2020?

#11 Post by Ralph »

Because there is no support for VR windows in FS2020, as far as we know. The last time we checked their SDK there was nothing.

bigblip

#12 Post by bigblip »

Ah, right. That's such a shame because I really love the implementation in X-Plane! I hope that if they ever add that functionality in the SDK that you would reconsider! I'd gladly pay a premium for that :-)

Cheers and happy 2021.

Ralph

#13 Post by Ralph »

If it ever becomes available then we certainly will. But their SDK development has been going very slow, or actually almost not at all, so I wouldn't keep my hopes up if I were you.

bigblip

#14 Post by bigblip »

Thanks Ralph :-)

Yes, I get that impression from other developers. Let's hope they focus on it this year!

I appreciate this is not at all the same scenario as we're discussing here, but I did just find an interesting third party app that creates a window within MSFS, activated from the inflight toolbar (and it works in VR).

https://flightsim.to/file/3181/fspm-vfr-map

I don't think I've seen anything similar (i.e. that opens within the app itself).

Happy new year to you :-)

Ralph

#15 Post by Ralph »

That's a 2D window, so it looks like it will always be in sight. Or can you place it in 3D space?

bigblip

#16 Post by bigblip »

Yes, you can position it where you like in the cockpit (or outside). I had it positioned as a kneeboard and also on an imaginary iPad holder. You can't adjust it on the z axis as far as I can see, but I think that's the case with all the popouts from the toolbar. It's turned on and off the same way as the standard tools on the toolbar.

Ralph

#17 Post by Ralph »

It uses a HTML page, so no Knobster options there. We would like to have a closer look at the possibilities, but it seems that the Reverb G2 is the only support VR headset at the moment, we've got the HTC Vive Cosmos, so we'll wait until they support other models.

bigblip

#18 Post by bigblip »

Ah, I see.

FYI Asobo opened up to all major headsets, not just the Reverb G2 - I'm currently running an Oculus Rift S on an RTX2070S.

Cheers!

Ralph

#19 Post by Ralph »

I have my headset connected, but when I press VR it says that it hasn't found any. Maybe the Vive Cosmos isn't among the supported headsets?

bigblip

#20 Post by bigblip »

Oh bummer! It seems it is supported but needs a little extra setting up to either get it working, or to get the best from it. Here's a thread with some useful pointers. https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/ht ... -vr/338695