KnobXP button_released_cmd_force_sec question

Support for the SimWareKits Knobster in combination with Air Manager and Air Player

Moderators: russ, Ralph

paulskpt

KnobXP button_released_cmd_force_sec question

#1 Post by paulskpt »

This topic is in line with my topic from yesterday. I am doing a little project to command with the Knobster two (TorqueSim) AFM G5 Instruments using the KnobXP plugin. All programmed commands are executed, including pushbutton commands. The only remaining problem is that I am not able to command the power (On/Off) button on both instruments. The power button has to be pressed for a few seconds then the instrument starts its switching ON or switching OFF sequence. Clicking the power button with the mouse for a minimum of two seconds these operations perform well. To have the KnobXP command issued for more than one second I use the command: "button_released_cmd_force_sec": 5.
Yesterday I had an e-mail conversation with the manufacturer of the TorqueSim AFM G5 Instruments product about this problem. His answer was the following: "I took a look at the json attached and the description and I can’t seem to find anything to know why it wouldn’t work. afm/g5/cmd/a/power and afm/g5/cmd/b/power (these are case sensitive) are the correct commands, so I don’t think that is the issue either. I would recommend asking the knobster plugin support to see if they have any ideas, I don’t know why it isn’t working if their systems work as described."
So, I followed his advice and created this topic to seek help in this forum.
Below the contents of the script that I created to command the Power button of the AFM G5 instrument.
Attached two screenshots: 1) X-Plane 11.50's Keyboard settings: AFM G5 commands available; 2) KnobXP Settings with active modes, the KnopXP menu and the AFM G5 HSI instrument popped out.

Code: Select all

{
"name": "G5 PFD PWR",
"minor_cw_cmd": "",
"minor_ccw_cmd": "",
"major_cw_cmd": "",
"major_ccw_cmd": "",
"button_released_cmd": "afm/g5/cmd/a/power",
"button_released_cmd_force_sec": 5,
"order": 1400
}
2020-07-21_15h11_XP11_G5_Kbd_bindings.png
ASM_G5_and_SI_KnobXPs_.png

paulskpt

Re: KnobXP button_released_cmd_force_sec question

#2 Post by paulskpt »

Nobody has a solution or idea to solve this problem?