Knobster detent control disappeared in Air Manager 3.7

Support for the SimWareKits Knobster in combination with Air Manager and Air Player

Moderators: russ, Ralph

sjbell

Knobster detent control disappeared in Air Manager 3.7

#1 Post by sjbell »

In Air Manager 3.6 under Device you could select a Knobster and set the detent/pulse values for both the inner rotary encoder and the outer rotary encoder. This appears to have been removed in Air Manager 3.7.

I have installed the latest libraries and plugin for X-Plane 11.

The settings made from Air Manager 3.6 still seem to be remembered, but they can no longer be changed.

For me I have two Knobsters, the left one controlling the main instruments with the outer knob set for 4 detent/pulse and the inner knob set for 1 detent/pulse. This allows for rapid coarse and fine movement of heading bugs etc. The right Knobster is used for the radio panel, with both inner and outer knobs set for 2 detent/pulse.

Is this something we no longer have control over, or am I missing something here?

Sling

Re: Knobster detent control disappeared in Air Manager 3.7

#2 Post by Sling »

It should be there to support DIY knobsters, unless support has been removed without notification.

Corjan

#3 Post by Corjan »

Hi,

It should indeed be there for DIY knobsters, but official Knobsters should no longer have the option, since it is always the same rotary encoder installed.

Corjan

sjbell

#4 Post by sjbell »

Hi Guys,

Thanks for the replies.

Yes, these are the official knobsters.

OK, as I can no longer change the settings back to 'normal' I'll rollback to Air Manager 3.6, go back to 2 detent/pulse, and then upgrade again.

Thanks,
Steve

Sling

#5 Post by Sling »

I’m not sure that will work. I’m also not sure why you are wanting to do this. If you want a single knobster click to do the the equivalent of more clicks you can modify the instrument to either use acceleration or just simply issue the same command twice for every click if that’s what you want.

Corjan

#6 Post by Corjan »

Hi,

Could you send this file to 'corjan@siminnovations.com'?
C:\Users\%user_name\Air Manager\config.sqlite3

I will fix the config back to 2 detents.

Corjan

sjbell

#7 Post by sjbell »

Hi Corjan,

Thanks for the offer. I sincerely appreciate it. However I've already rolled the machine back to an image that I made before the upgrade, I've made the changes and upgraded to 3.7 again.

As for Sling's question as to why I was doing it that way, it provided a very simple way of changing the knobster behavior across multiple instruments simultaneously without having to edit each individual instrument. By changing the detent/pulse settings the large knob provided a coarse setting and the small knob provided a fine setting simultaneously across all heading set, heading bug, and OBS knobs on my center panel. The right panel has the radios and a second knobster set to the default settings.

Thanks,
Steve