Problem With Knobster

Support for the SimWareKits Knobster in combination with Air Manager and Air Player

Moderators: russ, Ralph

robertlforsyth

Problem With Knobster

#1 Post by robertlforsyth »

When dialing the radio in Air Manager, the frequency always jumps 2 positions for each position on the Knobster. If the freq is 117 and I turn the outer knob one click, it jumps to 119. When I do the same thing with the mouse, the radio behaves as it should.

Any thoughts?

Thanks

Ralph

Re: Problem With Knobster

#2 Post by Ralph »

You're most probably using an old plugin. Or the number of detents is not set correct. But start with downloading and installing the latest plugin.

robertlforsyth

#3 Post by robertlforsyth »

I thought so, but I cannot find a link anywhere to download the latest driver. Can you share where it is on the website? Thanks!

Sling

#4 Post by Sling »

The wiki is the place for all the resources.

https://siminnovations.com/wiki/index.p ... stallation

robertlforsyth

#5 Post by robertlforsyth »

I do have the latest KnobsterXP, although I don't use it inside of Xplane. I use it in Air Manager with 2 touch screens as a virtual dash. I did some testing. If I turn the knob halfway between stops on the dial, the missing freq shows up. Sometimes I can get it to stick, but don't want to keep the knob between stops. It seems the knob is advancing 2 data points per stop on the outer knob.

Any other suggestions?

Thanks

Sling

#6 Post by Sling »

You were asked to check if you had the latest plugin. Did you do this and can you confirm what you have installed. Also can you tell us what version of knobster you have.