Single use Knobster

Support for the SimWareKits Knobster in combination with Air Manager and Air Player

Moderators: russ, Ralph

gregr75

Single use Knobster

#1 Post by gregr75 »

This is probably doable...I’d like to setup 7 or 8 Knobsters in a g1000 panel. Can I hard-assign each Knobster so that it only controls 1 thing?

Sling

Re: Single use Knobster

#2 Post by Sling »

Knobster is not really designed for that. For knobster selection you need to touch a knob in an AM Panel. Each panel can only have a single knobster assigned so you would need to put each knob on its own separate panel. This is a messy setup.

Its much better to use individual encoders connected and configured to control each item using the standard AM API.

Tony

gregr75

#3 Post by gregr75 »

yes Now that I think about it, I don’t need the Knobster because I am trying to eliminate the touch-and-turn gesture. Just turn.

Sorry for dumb question, I am not a programmer but quick internet research tells me API is a type of programming environment/language.

So is it a matter of getting some encoders, flashing an aurdino with air manager software, and then hooking up the encoders to the aurdino and Then programming for the behavior I want?

Sling

#4 Post by Sling »

You got it. That’s exactly what you need to do. You can develop the code without the board or encoders so you can practise ahead of time if you want to. AM has inbuilt soft tools to simulate the hardware for code testing purposes.

The API including examples of how to code for encoders can be found on the Sim Innovations wiki pages. I should also mention the API video tutorials which are linked in my signature below.

Tony
Last edited by Sling on Thu Feb 20, 2020 8:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

gregr75

#5 Post by gregr75 »

ok thank you!! This is doable