Knobster V2 not showing up in AM 3.6

Support for the SimWareKits Knobster in combination with Air Manager and Air Player

Moderators: russ, Ralph

doktordeathray

Knobster V2 not showing up in AM 3.6

#1 Post by doktordeathray »

Hi All,

Super confused. So here is my problem. I plug in my Knobster V2 to the computer doesnt show in AM 3.6. I have check the device manager, its shows there, check Windows 10 devices, it shows there too, Air Manager 3.6 doen't show. I recently moved my Air Manager 3.6 from my Microsoft Surface (touch screen) to my desktop pc (non touch screen). My ultimate goal is to eventually use Knobster with KnobXP for some VR flying.

Have tried every thing, unplugged every usb device except the mouse and keyboard, still nothing showing up in AM 3.6, have uninstalled 3.6, did a registry clean etc, reinstalled still nothing. But here is where it gets really confusing, for a lark I installed Air Player on the M$ Surface, so in the devices tab the Surface shows up, and under that device the knobster now shows up, and the knobster is connected to the host / main pc. Now when I try to assign that knobster to a panel all devices disapear. The remote air player and the knobster.

On another note, I installed KnobXP into a vanilla install of XP11 tried running that, when I go to load a flight, XP11 crashes, so I try to load another flight in VR but this time the KnobXP window pops up on the main menu saying knobster is not connected.

Is this not working because I do not have a touchscreen? I thought the KnobXP plug in was plug and play?

Hope one of you can help.

Sincerely

Craig

SimPassion

Re: Knobster V2 not showing up in AM 3.6

#2 Post by SimPassion »

If we want to use the Knobster in Air Manager, we have to launch Air Manager before X-Plane
in the reverse, if we want to use the Knobster in X-Plane, we should start at first X-Plane as the KbobXP plugin start with it

it's only on either way and not both at the same time

Gilles

doktordeathray

#3 Post by doktordeathray »

Hi Gilles,

Thanks for the info, I have tried your instructions but still am having no luck. I even did a clean install of windows to see if there might be something there. I know the knobster works because I could get it running when connected to the microsoft surface using airplayer. But trying to get it to show up in devices in AM 3.6 no luck.

back to the drawing boards.

Happy Flying

Sling

#4 Post by Sling »

Have you tried the Air Manager 3.7 Beta?

Corjan

#5 Post by Corjan »

Hi,

Which windows version are you using?

The Knobster relies on a USB driver that is part of Windows 7 Service pack 2 or higher.
If you are on WIndows 7, letting Windows update itself should resolve this issue.

If you are actually running Windows 7 that is :)

Corjan

Sling

#6 Post by Sling »

Corjan,

I see W10 mentioned in one of the earlier posts so W7 may not be the issue.

Tony

Corjan

#7 Post by Corjan »

Oh yeah, missed that one. Thanks for pointing that out.
Weird that it won't work then...

Craig, would you mind me remotely connecting to your PC? Hopefully that way I can figure out what it going on.
Let me know if you are up for that.

Corjan

doktordeathray

#8 Post by doktordeathray »

Hi Corjan,

Yes we can do a remote session, we just need to figure out a time because of the time difference. I'm in Toronto Canada, so I think our time difference is your six hours ahead of me.

Let me know what times and dates are good for you and what app do you want to use? Teamviewer?

Corjan

#9 Post by Corjan »

Hi,

Yes, 6 hours seems about right. We are at UTC+1 at the moment.
Teamviewer is indeed the tool we use.

I have sent you a private message on this forum where we can make the appointment.

Corjan

doktordeathray

#10 Post by doktordeathray »

SOLVED: Long story had some USB host controller conflicts that needed drivers that windows didn't supply. Installed and boom it works. Thanks everyone for you help. Thought I was going nuts, what a process.

Cheers