Windows 10 can't find a driver for Knobster...

Support for the SimWareKits Knobster in combination with Air Manager and Air Player

Moderators: russ, Ralph

Cotherman

Windows 10 can't find a driver for Knobster...

#1 Post by Cotherman »

I unplugged every usb device, restarted computer and only plugged in Knobster. Can't find driver... I spend more time trying to keep the software running on this sim than I do flying it. Any suggestions.

Sling

Re: Windows 10 can't find a driver for Knobster...

#2 Post by Sling »

There was an issue in the first release of AM3.5 that was causing knobster connection problems. Do you have the latest AM3.5 installed.

I assume from the limited information you provided that knobster is not showing up in the Devices tab. Is this correct?

Cotherman

#3 Post by Cotherman »

Sling wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2019 3:44 am There was an issue in the first release of AM3.5 that was causing knobster connection problems. Do you have the latest AM3.5 installed.

I assume from the limited information you provided that knobster is not showing up in the Devices tab. Is this correct?
I downloaded latest edition and reinstalled. Correct. Knobster is not showing on the Devices tab. In Windows 10 Device Manager it shows as a "USB2.0-Serial" but has an exclamation point and says the driver could not be found. I unplugged every usb device just to make sure there were no conflicts. Still would not load.

I have 2 laptops with Windows 10 that have no problem detecting it...

Ralph

#4 Post by Ralph »

Did you run the new Arduino installer as well? http://siminnovations.com/wiki/index.php?title=Arduino

Cotherman

#5 Post by Cotherman »

Ralph wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2019 7:45 am Did you run the new Arduino installer as well? http://siminnovations.com/wiki/index.php?title=Arduino
Have now tried it. Didn't correct the problem. Did not communicate with Arduino.

Cotherman

#6 Post by Cotherman »

I installed the Arduino IDE on to this system. After I did that, the Knobster was recognized.

Sling

#7 Post by Sling »

You should be able to un-install the IDE now if you want as it is only needed for driver installation. Some boards need the IDE or even a separate driver to be installed if the chip they use does not have a built in windows driver like the official Arduino boards.

I read your original post as the knobster had stopped working but it seems it had never worked on this machine. I would of suggested this earlier had I realised this :-). At least it’s working now.

Cotherman

#8 Post by Cotherman »

Sling wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2019 12:26 am You should be able to un-install the IDE now if you want as it is only needed for driver installation. Some boards need the IDE or even a separate driver to be installed if the chip they use does not have a built in windows driver like the official Arduino boards.

I read your original post as the knobster had stopped working but it seems it had never worked on this machine. I would of suggested this earlier had I realised this :-). At least it’s working now.
I thought I had had the Knobster connected to that machine before. But, I guess I hadn't.

Sling

#9 Post by Sling »

Strange, I don’t know why that would make a difference unless other stuff was included in that update also.

SimPassion

Re: Windows 10 cant find a driver for Knobster

#10 Post by SimPassion »

byronPat wrote: Sat May 04, 2019 11:24 pm Thanks. It was even simpler for me; I didnt have Windows Media Player installed, so after that, it works great.
I don't understand too, what's the Windows Media Player concern here in this forum ???

Gilles