Windows 10 can't find a driver for Knobster...

Support for the SimWareKits Knobster in combination with Air Manager and Air Player

Moderators: russ, Ralph

Moonpilot

Re: Windows 10 can't find a driver for Knobster...

#11 Post by Moonpilot »

I noticed tonight, I am running X Plane 11.30 on Windows 10, everything seemed to work ok with the knobster, two sep copies of X Plane 11.30 one running visuals and the other one running Air Player, I didn't recognize this issue with Air Manager before I started to use Air Player, I did a lot of experimenting trying to figure if this problem was with the knobster running Air Player or two copies of X Plane 11.30 trying to figure our when I set both sim programs to run the generic Cessna 172 with the engine check box clicked off. I decided to just run the master computer with Steam X Plane 11.30 and Air Manager on another computer.... the problem is when you start the plane using the knobster the started hangs up and the knobster will not let me rotate back to the mags or turn off. Running the Master and using the mouse everything works fine. I tried many times, and one more thing when I had Air Manager on the Panel computer, I remember being able to push the encoder after the put the knobster in the start position. In order to reset, I have to do a complete reboot of X Plane 11.30 and reset Air Player, but when I go to start the knobster just freezes.

Knobster freezes and with Air Player unable to push to engage starter. Has anyone else had this issue?

Ralph

Re: Windows 10 can't find a driver for Knobster...

#12 Post by Ralph »

Would be good to know which instrument(s) you're using exactly. If it is the default (free) C172 switch panel, then this is because I 'optimized' it. So you put the key in te starter position, let go of the switch and it will go back to BOTH, just like in a real aircraft. Apparently this does not work well with a Knobster? Can you try with touch or a mouse?