One knobster per touchscreen, or one knobster for all touchscreens

Support for the SimWareKits Knobster in combination with Air Manager and Air Player

Moderators: russ, Ralph

Sling

Re: One knobster per touchscreen, or one knobster for all touchscreens

#11 Post by Sling »

I can’t comment on 2 touch screens as I have only ever tested a single touch screen. In theory it should work as expected but you may of highlighted an issue.

Tony

camtah

#12 Post by camtah »

Might I intrude and ask if Knobster is support by AM on main PC and AP on the second PC?

My main PC has XPlane, a main monitor and a touchscreen for GPS, etc. The 2nd PC has 2 touchscreens for main cockpit gauges and other instruments via AP. I use the MS Mouse without Borders tool for a single keyboard/mouse between both PC's

Knobster works for me on the main PC touchscreen with no issue. It does not work sliding the cursor over to the 2nd PC/AP . On AM, the Knobster field under devices is grayed out. Is there missing step or is this config not valid?

Thanks

Ralph

#13 Post by Ralph »

The Knobster only works on the computer to which it is connected. In this case it would require a second Knobster.

RandyT

#14 Post by RandyT »

I just wanted to provide closure to my issue with 2 touch screens (from my previous Feb 19 post) . . . I un-installed AM 3.4, then I re-installed it, and both touch screens worked correctly with my single knobster. Just for grins, I also installed the most current AM 3.5 beta and both touch screens worked correctly with my single knobster in the beta version as well. I don't have an answer for why AM 3.4 did not work correctly previously (before I un-installed it and re-installed it), but I didn't want Ralph, or Tony, or Corjan to spend any time trying to fix something that didn't need fixing!

Sling

#15 Post by Sling »

Thanks Randy for the update. That is really good news. Shame we couldn’t understand what caused it but at least it is working nicely.

Tony

brykalaero

#16 Post by brykalaero »

Regarding Knobster re; screens, I have 3 touch screens 15" (G10000) PFD.MFD,PFD, and it works perfectly as well as all the soft keys by touch.
I have videos on YouTube if anyone's interested. Ch. "brykalaero"
At present setting up and testing that it all works before I commit to building a full size sim for the Quest Kodiak.
There are 4 videos, first attempt at this so a bit rough but the basics are there.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F2VAo00nN5c&t=162s

camtah

#17 Post by camtah »

Re: AM on main PC and AP on 2nd PC:

It appears that I cannot get knobster (connected to 2nd PC) to work via AirPLayer with (2) touch screen monitors. I can enable one panel or the other but not both. One screen is instruments and the other is avionics. Is this suported?

I am running the latest 3.5

camtah

#18 Post by camtah »

After updating AM and AP today, it appears my issue has been resolved..Thanks....