LAST CHANCE Knobster

Support for the SimWareKits Knobster in combination with Air Manager and Air Player

Moderators: russ, Ralph

mikepfly2

Re: LAST CHANCE Knobster

#31 Post by mikepfly2 »

Ralph wrote: Sat Oct 05, 2019 6:15 am Sales of the 'real' Knobster will start on Monday.
Monday US time or Europe?

mikepfly2

#32 Post by mikepfly2 »

They are in stock! I just placed my order. Can't wait and thanks

SimPassion

#33 Post by SimPassion »

It would be nice, in a future AM release,
that the Knobster could be able to track available dials if not any already selected
and allow to select one by rotating one knob (inner or outer) and without using the mouse or the touch screen, then push the button to select the highlighted knob
for selecting next knob it could be easy to push the button for a few seconds allowing another selection sequence ...

Just an idea though

Gilles

[EDIT] Precision added

Sling

#34 Post by Sling »

Good news.

As far as future support for knobster. I’d like to see the inclusion of the other functions we already have for a standard encoder such as debounce and acceleration. Without these it still gives sporadic results. It’s good but it can be so much better with these added.

Tony

Corjan

#35 Post by Corjan »

Hi,

@SimPassion
Good idea, but this might intervene with the fact that an instrument can have a push to hold function. For example, holding the button a couple of seconds to sync a bug or reset a time.

@Sling
Acceleration is more a setting for specific dials. On some dials you want acceleration, on other you don't. It is not something that should be configurable for one Knobster.
The knobster works perfect with the default debouncing setting, so I don't see any reason to make this configurable.

Corjan

SimPassion

#36 Post by SimPassion »

You're right @Corjan I thought of it and didn't mention it, some already implemented this
I rather know you get the proper idea and arrangement to get it working the way it is requested

Gilles

Sling

#37 Post by Sling »

@Corjan
I hear you about acceleration. I didn’t have my head on right when posting that. :oops:

As far as the debounce is concerned. My knobster is far from perfect. In fact it does not work at all well when rotated fast. It gets so confused it starts to rotate the dial the other way hence why i need control of the debounce value.

Tony

Ralph

#38 Post by Ralph »

Tony, are you using a new Knobster or an old one?

Sling

#39 Post by Sling »

An old one certainly. Didn’t think anyone outside of SI had a new one yet.

Ralph

#40 Post by Ralph »

I'm not sure, but I would guess that the new one doesn't need any debounce settings.