Knobster reverse rotation

Support for the SimWareKits Knobster in combination with Air Manager and Air Player

Moderators: russ, Ralph

russ

Re: Knobster reverse rotation

#11 Post by russ »

Be sure you have some space between the top and bottom knob. It is a little tricky. First the lower knob needs to be fully seated before tightening the collet. Then slide the upper knob on and tighten leaving a slight crack between the knobs(perhaps 0.25mm). The should be a audible click when you push the button. If you do not hear the click and feel some movement of the top knob, it is probably misadjusted. If the encoder is still faulty after you hear a click or you can’t adjust it after several more tries please contact SimWareKits to arrange a repair or replacement.
Russ Barlow
Air Manager Evangelist

Sling

#12 Post by Sling »

johann wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 4:47 pm As a former hardware developer I can say the Knobster inside is made very well and the video very helpful.
A small missing function remains for me, but I think another topic is maybe not necessary.
There is no reaction if I push the knob. I checked if the small knob is mounted with enough distance, but that is okay.
So for the moment I need to touch the screen to activate the standby value.
Are you expecting the button to flip-flop the frequencies as I don't think that will work. As I understand the button only works when the instrument has a button co-located with a dial. Try a heading knob that has a push to sync button on the dial and the knobster button should work.

Tony

johann

#13 Post by johann »

Hi Russ,
thank you for the detailed explanation. My assumption was in the same area, but the knob is okay.

Hi Tony
That sounds reasonable. I will check. It's not an effort to use the touch screen for flip-flop the frequencies.

Thank you both for your help.
Best Regards

russ

#14 Post by russ »

Tony is correct. It must be a button that is combined with a knob like a HDG sync button that exists on some heading select knobs. Knobster is trying to mimic the actual hardware of the selected Knob set. If a knob is a single knob then either knob will operate it, otherwise the Knobster knobs will correspond to the two knobs on the actual dual concentric knobs on the panel.
Russ Barlow
Air Manager Evangelist