Xplane Zibo Mod EFIS FO side.

Help with Air Manager Android version

Moderators: russ, Ralph

ncleme

Re: Xplane Zibo Mod EFIS FO side.

#21 Post by ncleme »

I had the EFIS working along with the Capt/Fo switchable functionality. However tonight I see it has disappeared. I tried the latest version but still does not work. Any help would be much appreciated ...

SimPassion

#22 Post by SimPassion »

ncleme wrote: Tue Jun 02, 2020 8:21 pm I had the EFIS working along with the Capt/Fo switchable functionality. However tonight I see it has disappeared. I tried the latest version but still does not work. Any help would be much appreciated ...
With this new version, we have at first to check (enable) the option to display "CHECK INFOS" then restart the instrument
following a simmer request, I made it optional

Z_2D_XP_EFIS_CAPT_vs_FO_Side_01.jpg
Z_2D_XP_EFIS_CAPT_vs_FO_Side_02.jpg

Gilles

ncleme

#23 Post by ncleme »

Excellent thankyou for the quick response :) . Just to check am I able to set this in the menu on the Android Version?

SimPassion

#24 Post by SimPassion »

ncleme wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 7:38 am Excellent thankyou for the quick response :) . Just to check am I able to set this in the menu on the Android Version?
Woww, great question, again something I've missed, iPad and Android AM APP introduce some discrepancies by being different than AM/AP for Desktop and we have to add many workarounds
I will check this and report how it goes

Gilles

SimPassion

#25 Post by SimPassion »

Right, I mostly don't use the Android APP and thus don't have in mind what we found as available settings

It looks like we have no other choice than to add or remove the instruments or panels, not any customization is possible

I will create a new Topic with open discussion on this approach and discrepancies between AM Desktop vs AM APP for Android and iPad devices

Gilles

SimPassion

#26 Post by SimPassion »

This make me think if things will not evolve during time, with similar usage synced across all platforms,
to move to fully dynamic behaviors for all instruments I'm working on, with forgetting definitively the User Properties which are of improper usage when it come to external AM APP on devices like Android and iPad ...
Would be definitely the best we could bring to simmers experience and usage !!!
Uniform is the way, no other viable situation if unavailable and best than arranging some tricky workarounds inside on a dev concern ;-)

Gilles

Sling

#27 Post by Sling »

We had previously discussed the topic of no user properties for the tablet apps. The reason was the desire to keep the apps simple and for displaying basic instruments. If you are wanting more advanced instruments that use user properties you will have to use the desktop version. I have unticked the tablet check boxes on my instruments that use user properties for this very reason. I would hope somewhere in the submission process that instruments that are not ticked as supporting these apps will not be included in the App or in the case of Android be downloadable.

It was not clear at the time if there is a plan for this approach to change.

Tony

SimPassion

#28 Post by SimPassion »

You're right Tony
though in my view, there's so many points to take in account on day to day dev coding, that I would rather prefer the Uniform way without wondering in the scripting if I should handle specific features or not, things that we will have to maintain again and again each time new un-synced features will be introduced during time in AM for Desktop vs AM APP
and at least Users would also retrieve the same customization level, no matter the platforms they are on and best of the best the same UI design, again, no matter the platform

Gilles

[EDIT] Corrected to avoid meaning confusion

ncleme

#29 Post by ncleme »

Could we not just have two copies of the EFIS panel included in the Android downloadable panels. One setup for CAPT and one for FO. I only require the FO side and do not require the ability to switch between the two as I have an Opencockpits EFIS to control the CAPT side.

SimPassion

#30 Post by SimPassion »

ncleme wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 10:20 am Could we not just have two copies of the EFIS panel included in the Android downloadable panels. One setup for CAPT and one for FO. I only require the FO side and do not require the ability to switch between the two as I have an Opencockpits EFIS to control the CAPT side.
In any case we can still switch to FO side on launch by touching the bottom right area of the instrument. The only thing is that we don't get any fedback while in Android or iPad APP
I will introduce later a temporarily display stating if on CAPT or FO side using something like a timer, however I will not revert back to two different instruments as previously, as I was told to merge such instruments as well as the CDU/FMC which was also already splited into two different instruments previously
I will definitely think of Universal instrument with same features in it no matter the platform. Easiest to build, easiest to maintain and easiest to avoid confusion when switching from one platform to another one on a user side

Gilles