Xplane Zibo Mod EFIS FO side.

Help with Air Manager Android version

Moderators: russ, Ralph

SimPassion

Re: Xplane Zibo Mod EFIS FO side.

#31 Post by SimPassion »

ncleme wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 10:20 am Could we not just have two copies of the EFIS panel included in the Android downloadable panels. One setup for CAPT and one for FO. I only require the FO side and do not require the ability to switch between the two as I have an Opencockpits EFIS to control the CAPT side.
Be assure it works even currently without feedback, if you switch to FO side (55 x 20 size for click/touch area)
as previously said on bottom right location for FO side

Gilles

Sling

#32 Post by Sling »

Yes there are a few ways to work around it such as different versions or config change by hidden buttons but neither is ideal. The fact remains at the moment one’s expectation for instruments with user properties should be that they can only be fully used on the Desktop version. Developers of instruments and users of the tablet apps will have to accept that for now at least they will either have extra work on the developers side or a limited instrument choice from the users side. The way I see it is, if you want to do more than the display of basic instruments then get the desktop version. I think the pricing v function of each version reflects this.

Just my view.

Tony

ncleme

#33 Post by ncleme »

I don't think dumbing down the Android / Ipad panels as basic panels is really the way to go, my God its as simple as giving us customers the choice of great Panels, why make it an inferior product... A lot of cockpit builders myself included have purchased and use both Android and Desktop versions, my request is quite simple and would get a lot of use by the community. Airmanager is a great product and dumbing down the panels on Android is not the way to go in my opinion.
I do hope you leave this functionality working for the Android version :)

Keith Baxter

#34 Post by Keith Baxter »

ncleme wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 2:20 pm I don't think dumbing down the Android / Ipad panels as basic panels is really the way to go, my God its as simple as giving us customers the choice of great Panels, why make it an inferior product... A lot of cockpit builders myself included have purchased and use both Android and Desktop versions, my request is quite simple and would get a lot of use by the community. Airmanager is a great product and dumbing down the panels on Android is not the way to go in my opinion.
I do hope you leave this functionality working for the Android version :)
Hi,

This instrument is a COMMUNITY members contribution for all to enjoy. It is His prerogative to allow for different platforms or not.

We are all however, free to make any community instrument suitable to our preferred platform. So If it does not suite your needs in the platform you choose then I suggest you request pointers on how to modify it for your specific taste.

Keith
AMD RYZEN 9 5950X CPU, Corsair H80I cooler, ASUS TUF GAMING B550-PLUS AMD Ryzen Mother Board,  32Gb ram Corsair Vengeance 3000Mh, MSI GTX960 4G graphics card 

SimPassion

#35 Post by SimPassion »

Maybe I'm wrong, but I guess @ncleme was requesting the Android and iPad APP to reach the same level of features, so to add User Properties availability as I also suggested previously : then nothing to do on dev side and as simply as to set a user property as in AM Desktop
Other than this statement I don't see and perhaps not clarified towards who was the answer ?

Gilles

[EDIT] Typo
Last edited by SimPassion on Wed Jun 03, 2020 8:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ncleme

#36 Post by ncleme »

I`m more than happy to tinker and get it working myself. Problem is in the Android version I`m unable to edit the panel, only on the Desktop version. Then I cannot import it onto Android device, which is where I need it to be.

Sling

#37 Post by Sling »

Don’t get me wrong. I see where the request to have this feature for the tablets is coming from. I’m just relaying a previous discussion on this very topic.

I don’t agree that the tablets apps can ever have the same functionality as the desktop because it just wouldn’t be the right platform for all of those features. I do however think that user properties could be included as they are part of many newer instruments now. As I said I think the pricing reflects the difference in features and the fact you can get multiples of the tablet app for one payment. If added features are added for the tablets be prepared for them to cost more than they do now. It just stands to reason.

The issue with doing mods on the instruments for your personal tastes is you have to get the instrument accepted to the community store and in the case of iPad the app updated also. Thus can take some time.

Tony