Re: Instrument update policy (again)

#22 Post by SimPassion »

----------------------------------
.... Z_2D_XP Instruments :
----------------------------------
Desktop :

viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1181

Gilles
Last edited by SimPassion on Sat Nov 02, 2019 11:24 am, edited 2 times in total.

Ralph

#23 Post by Ralph »

I need to upload a lot of instruments, but due to some construction works I'm a bit low on time. Also need to do administration for the last quarter and next week we'll be at Flight Illusion for a week. So hopefully the week of the 28th.

Grosati

#24 Post by Grosati »

Hello, my efb for android says v.1.2.1 but I have 2 issues:
Airstairs button still disappears when it is down
The new zibo load pages do not work

Any solution?
Thanks

SimPassion

#25 Post by SimPassion »

Hello @Grosati

as answered on x-plane.org, ensure that the Air Manager APP is exit totally (not in memory)
then restart it, I've checked that the Airstairs Icon is correctly seen (refer to the picture below : Red Arrow)
The Payload pages #2 and #3, also already stated, will be build when having time for this
For the moment, I'm focusing on trying to achieve the PA-28 Panels with the great help and work of Jacques (@JackZ)

EFB_AirstairsOK_Android.jpg

Gilles

Ralph

#26 Post by Ralph »

That's indeed something to notice. The instrument will not update when it is running. You'll have to switch to a different panel, then it will start updating.

JackZ

#27 Post by JackZ »

Ralph wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 6:21 pm I need to upload a lot of instruments, but due to some construction works I'm a bit low on time. Also need to do administration for the last quarter and next week we'll be at Flight Illusion for a week. So hopefully the week of the 28th.
Ralph.

As suggested before, for this kind of task, I do think you should delegate things a bit, by having a small team of trusted « validators » that would help you to validate and publish instruments to the store, pretty much like having moderators in a forum.
For coordination purposes the list of « validated » instruments should be shared among these people and updated, so the process could be speedier, even when you are unavailable for whatever reason, and this would prevent frustration from end users, and somehow relieve you from this painstaking task.

Guess the store web and database is kinda of a CMS stuff, so I think that creating users with limited access rights to populate the store could be implemented easily?

My 10 cents, definitely think this can no longer be a single man’s task, considering the growing success of AM.

Jacques
My YouTube Chanel on the A320 (Real SOPs by an Airline Pilot IRL):
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... 0Q6SBASRqJ

SimPassion

#28 Post by SimPassion »

JackZ wrote: Sun Jan 19, 2020 2:46 pm
Ralph wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 6:21 pm I need to upload a lot of instruments, but due to some construction works I'm a bit low on time. Also need to do administration for the last quarter and next week we'll be at Flight Illusion for a week. So hopefully the week of the 28th.
Ralph.

As suggested before, for this kind of task, I do think you should delegate things a bit, by having a small team of trusted « validators » that would help you to validate and publish instruments to the store, pretty much like having moderators in a forum.
For coordination purposes the list of « validated » instruments should be shared among these people and updated, so the process could be speedier, even when you are unavailable for whatever reason, and this would prevent frustration from end users, and somehow relieve you from this painstaking task.

Guess the store web and database is kinda of a CMS stuff, so I think that creating users with limited access rights to populate the store could be implemented easily?

My 10 cents, definitely think this can no longer be a single man’s task, considering the growing success of AM.

Jacques
All is here
Hope this process will be enhanced before one day we leave working on building instruments
I've seen really bad things in my IT life, but they all found solutions ;-)

Gilles