Instrument update policy (again)

Help with Air Manager Android version

Moderators: russ, Ralph

maxmotoring

Instrument update policy (again)

#1 Post by maxmotoring »

Hi,

I just posted this issue on the iPad Help forum. I learned that the iPad circuit is quite more complicated than the Android one. But... the same happens on the Android AM 3.6

"For some time the available online version of Z2DXP EFB has been 1.1.2. Since last Saturday the author has uploaded 3 new versions, being the current one 1.1.7.

My question is on the frequency you check for new versions to release them to be available to download. The current one dates to 5/26/2019!"

Best Regards,

Max

Ralph

Re: Instrument update policy (again)

#2 Post by Ralph »

The Android version uses the exact same instrument library as the desktop. The Z2DXP tablet has been updated quite recently, not on the 26th of May.

SimPassion

#3 Post by SimPassion »

Hello Ralph, I've just re checked at the moment and confirm it says v1.1.2 in the Online tab for Z2DXP EFB

Gilles

Update_Policy.jpg

Ralph

#4 Post by Ralph »

I've uploaded your previous update, and now I have uploaded your last update. I'm quite sure that the previous wasn't from the 26th of May.

SimPassion

#5 Post by SimPassion »

My last is v1.1.7, so what's occurs then ?

Gilles

Ralph

#6 Post by Ralph »

The instrument on Android only updates when it isn't active. That might have been the issue at his tablet.

cyberguerro

#7 Post by cyberguerro »

@Ralph, could you explain "The instrument on Android only updates when it isn't active"??

If, for example, I've created a panel with an instrument and after, during the night, when tablet is switched off, instrument on repository is updated, the next day when I switch on my tablet and get my panel, I get instrument updated or I have to remove it from my panel and re-add?

SimPassion

#8 Post by SimPassion »

Ralph wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 8:38 am The instrument on Android only updates when it isn't active. That might have been the issue at his tablet.
However my screenshot is with AM Desktop and still stated v1.1.2 in Online tab on 3 different PC ?

Gilles

Ralph

#9 Post by Ralph »

It takes a while for the version number to change, I see 1.17 here now.

Usually an instrument should update, but I'm not really 100% it always does. An active instrument might not update if the instrument is visible, switching to a different panel without that instrument should allow it to update.

Sling

#10 Post by Sling »

For what its worth I just checked and also only see 1.12