updating existing panel's instruments from repository

Help with Air Manager Android version

Moderators: russ, Ralph

cyberguerro

updating existing panel's instruments from repository

#1 Post by cyberguerro »

Hi all!
As from topic title:
How are the tools inserted in a panel updated when they are updated in the repository?
I ask this because I see that in a panel was present zibo tablet (ver. 1.0.3) and until I removed instrument and re-added, it was not upgraded to repository version.

Anyone has experienced in this?

Is it possible to have upgraded instrument when APP starts and loads instruments of current panel? Becuase it's impossible to determinate if an instrument installed in a panel has a repository update or not.

Sling

Re: updating existing panel's instruments from repository

#2 Post by Sling »

Strange that you mention this because I experienced something similar to this a couple of days back. In my case I updated one of my own instruments and then went to.test it in it’s panel. I found that somehow the instrument in the panel did not update even though the older version no longer existed. I had to remove and add again for the changes to be seen.

I’d like to understand why. It makes no sense.

Sling

#3 Post by Sling »

Scrap that. Upon further investigation I had 2 independent versions of the same instrument. I updated one and the other one was in the panel so that explains my issue. I think your one is more a case of when should the instrument be updated. We had a discussion on this recently and my understanding was instruments should update automatically if there is a later version online.

You do need the 'Update automatically the instruments and panels' setting ticked though.

cyberguerro

#4 Post by cyberguerro »

Where I can find that option in Apple and android app?? I can’t find that.

Sling

#5 Post by Sling »

Oh I see. You are referring to the tablet Apps so that's different. You can't update instruments with these Apps because they only change when the App itself updates because the instruments are baked into the App.

This is one of the big limitations of using the tablet Apps. I'm afraid you are stuck with the version that came with the App until such time that the App is updated. When updated it should get all the new and revised instruments that the desktop version users enjoy. You will find though that over time it will again get behind the live online collection.

Tony

cyberguerro

#6 Post by cyberguerro »

@Sling:
my BIG PROBLEM IS THAT after app's update, all instrument inserted in panels before app's update, still remain to previous version and they are not updated to the app updated repository. I'm not be able to identify which instrument comes updated with new version of app.
Only solution to this "bug" is that I should remove all instruments of the panel and re-add them each time.

Sling

#7 Post by Sling »

Ah I see your dilemma. I'm not sure how that's supposed to work. I would like to think there was either an auto updater based on instrument version or even better a prompt asking if you want to update. I guess the only work around you have is to remove and then add each instrument again.

Ralph or Corjan can tell you for sure how this is supposed to work.

cyberguerro

#8 Post by cyberguerro »

Sling wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 7:32 am Ralph or Corjan can tell you for sure how this is supposed to work.
it would be very very useful if this MUST HAVE feature was implemented in the next release.
I hope Ralph or Corjan take my request

Ralph

#9 Post by Ralph »

I guess you're talking about the Android app?

cyberguerro

#10 Post by cyberguerro »

Ralph wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 7:41 am I guess you're talking about the Android app?
Basically Android, but I think this issue could be exist in apple app too, because I'm not sure when you update application (with included repository), all instruments inserted in own-made panel are updated with newone from new app-included repository