@Corjan:
Any news (hope good) about it?

How can I help you? (if I can....)

Corjan

Re: xplane connection problem

#12 Post by Corjan »

Hi,

No news, sorry :)
It seems to work fine here, it always reconnects after wifi connection is restored.

I'm afraid the only route open is for me to debug the app on your tablet to see what is actually happening.
This is quite time consuming (about 2-3 hours), and requires a decent PC (with at least 8GB RAM).

Please let me know if you are open to this,

Corjan

cyberguerro

#13 Post by cyberguerro »

This is my environment:
- PC: i7 7700k 4.2GHz, 64GB RAM, SSD 2TB, NVIDIA 1080 8gb
- X-Plane: 11.32-r2 FOR LINUX
- plugin 2.6.1 (LINUX VERSION)
- tablet ANDROID 5.0.1 with WIFI 2.5GHz Channel 1 (signal power ~60%) - NO interference by oher wi-fi

I don't understand because with "automatic connection" Android APP doesn't discover simulator, instead Apple app discovers it immediately and it hasn't this issue.

Did you tried with XP under linux?
Is it possible that there is a CASE SENSITIVE recognition issue?

with other plugins many issue was caused by CASE SENSITIVE compatibility

I can try to use my tablet into my friend's house, he has x-plane on windows, so I can restrict perimeter of causes of issue (es. only with x-plane for linux)

cyberguerro

#14 Post by cyberguerro »

Sorry, I forgot to answer you...
Corjan wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2019 7:18 am I'm afraid the only route open is for me to debug the app on your tablet to see what is actually happening.
This is quite time consuming (about 2-3 hours), and requires a decent PC (with at least 8GB RAM).
How can we do this?
Do you build an alpha version within debugging code lines, I install that and I send you debugging output?

For me it could be right, but I can help you only this late night (I'm out of home for dinner).

Let me know how you think to do that.

Claudio

Corjan

#15 Post by Corjan »

Hi,

I would install Android Studio and our code to your PC.
I can build & analyze the tablet from your PC. I can look exactly when the app is doing, that way I might be able to figure out the root cause of this issue.

Android Studio is a big program, and requires a fair amount of memory, that is why I asked if you have a PC with at least 8GB RAM.

It is all a bit of a hassle to get going, and I would probably need you to enable/disable wifi on the tablet. Please let me know if you feel like doing this,

Corjan

cyberguerro

#16 Post by cyberguerro »

Corjan wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2019 7:35 am Hi,

I would install Android Studio and our code to your PC.
I can build & analyze the tablet from your PC. I can look exactly when the app is doing, that way I might be able to figure out the root cause of this issue.

Android Studio is a big program, and requires a fair amount of memory, that is why I asked if you have a PC with at least 8GB RAM.

It is all a bit of a hassle to get going, and I would probably need you to enable/disable wifi on the tablet. Please let me know if you feel like doing this,

Corjan
some questions:
1) Is it possible to use a virutal machine (vmware) - I can create one (do you like win10) for you
2) How do you install software and work on my virtual machine, do you connect to it in remote?
3) How do you debug o my tablet?

As in my previuose post I thought you were building an alpha version to install on my tablet that would generate a detailed log of all the operations (in particular the simulator search process on the network and connection to it - AUTOMATIC CONNECTION flag) and then I sent you the log. So I could test my environment in reality.

In my opinion this way could be more real than using virtual machines and simulated environments

Meanwhile ths evening I try my tablet in my friend's wi-fi network that has x-plane for windows and check if the connection and automatic discovery work. I will also try to install the alpha version on another android tablet (different brand and model) and check if the problem also appears on it.

What do you thin about it?

Corjan

#17 Post by Corjan »

Hi,

1) Rather not do this, since it creates an extra layer between the PC and the USB connection to the tablet
2) Teamviewer
3) Android studio, tablet connected through USB

Log files only get you so far. Debugging gives way more information on what is going on exactly. Especially when things are not happening :)

Testing it on another network is smart, since I still think it is a network related issue,

Corjan

cyberguerro

#18 Post by cyberguerro »

Ok, I'll do the tests I told you before and then I'll let you know.
In the meantime I found that for my Linux distribution (Gentoo) there is the Android Studio package (vers. 3.2.1), so I could try to install it on my PC (Linux) on which TeamViewer and X-Plane is also installed .

As a last chance, if we can't get useful results from the tests I will do and if you like Android Studio that I install on my Linux Box, you could connect with teamviewer and do debugging.

I am sure that in the end we will be able to resolve the problem ;)

Stay tuned

cyberguerro

#19 Post by cyberguerro »

Yesterday evening I made these tests:
1) test my normal environment KO:
- same X-Plane (11.32-r2 - Linux)
- same plugin (Linux 2.6.1)
- Wi-Fi MY HOME (2.4GHz)
- IPad2 – IOS 9 (app ver. 3.4) -> OK (automatic connection works)
- Alcatel A3 10 – Android 5.0.1 (app ver. 3.5 alpha1) -> KO (automatic connection doesn't work)

2) test changing Wi-Fi network with Linux environment KO:
- same X-Plane (11.32-r2 - Linux)
- same plugin (Linux 2.6.1)
- Wi-Fi DIFFERENT (2.4GHz)
- Alcatel A3 10 – Android 5.0.1 (app ver. 3.5 alpha1) -> KO (automatic connection doesn't work)

3) test changing to Windows environment with different Wi-Fi OK:
- same X-Plane (11.32-r2 - Windows)
- same plugin (Windows 2.6)
- Wi-Fi DIFFERENT (2.4GHz)
- Alcatel A3 10 – Android 5.0.1 (app ver. 3.5 alpha1) -> OK (automatic connection works)

Conclusions:
From these tests, it seem that there is a problem in comunication between LINUX PLUGIN and ANDROID APP... which is not present between LINUX PLUGIN and APPLE APP (it always work, in every different environment).
It's possible that the problem is inside LINUX PLUGIN and NOT in ANDROID APP.....

@Corjan, can I suggest you to deepen the tests/debugging of comunication between LINUX environment (X-Plane + Plugin) and Android app?

I hope my tests can help you ;)
Last edited by cyberguerro on Mon Apr 15, 2019 2:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Corjan

#20 Post by Corjan »

Hi,

Thanks for doing all these tests, really helps!
I'll try to get X-plane installed on my Linux box this week, and see if I get similar results.

It is weird that iPad with Linux X-plane does work though. In theory that shouldn't work also.

Corjan