xplane connection problem

Help with Air Manager Android version

Moderators: russ, Ralph

cyberguerro

Re: xplane connection problem

#31 Post by cyberguerro »

Corjan wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 12:08 pm Hi,

I think I found the issue. Internally, stuff was not reset correctly when a wifi reconnect occurs.
Just pushed a AM 3.6 Alpha version. It should be available in the Play Store in a while.

Corjan
Thank you Corjan, this evening I start checking repository and test new alpha version... stay tuned ;) ;)

Corjan

#32 Post by Corjan »

Just noticed that the splash screen still says AM 3.5. You can ignore that.

cyberguerro

#33 Post by cyberguerro »

Well.....

Tested new beta on all my 3 android tablets:
- with MANUAL CONNECTION (ip specified) WORKS LIKE A CHARM..... ....after wifi reconnection, app reconnect to simulator and instruments restart to works.
- with AUTOMATIC CONNECTION it's not be able to find sumulator... I have to set manual connection.

;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

Corjan

#34 Post by Corjan »

Hi,

Good to hear that fixed it :)

Automatic connection relies on a UDP broadcast being done on the LAN.
Some network equipment or operation systems consider that a thread and block that traffic.

You might be able to add an exception to a firewall or such by allowing UDP broadcasts on port 60000.

Corjan

cyberguerro

#35 Post by cyberguerro »

It's trange, because on my iPad and SAME NETWORK, automatic connection work. I don't think it depends from network or simulator's plugin.
If so, it would not work on iPad.
What do you think about it?

knerol

#36 Post by knerol »

Hello, Im new to Air Manager
My config: HP Pavilion laptop withWindows 10, Huawei Mediapad M3 tablet with Android 7.0, xplane 11.41
Today I bought the Air Manager 3.6 in Google store; I installed Air Plugin 2.7.1; firewall on HP is off; but I can't get a connection.
The automatic connection doesn't show an ip-address - I did it manually; but still no connection.
I checked the xpl_log.txt and the last two lines are missing (SimBus: New client connected on port 55558 (ext. port 26339)
SimBus: New client connected on port 55557 (ext. port 26595)).
HP and Tablet are on the same network (192.168.1.38 and 192.168.1.52)
Thank you

Ralph

#37 Post by Ralph »

When the log is created, the plugin is running. Something in between is blocking the traffic. Firewall, virusscanner, router, etc... You can try a router reset.

knerol

#38 Post by knerol »

Ralph wrote: Sun Dec 15, 2019 4:26 pm When the log is created, the plugin is running. Something in between is blocking the traffic. Firewall, virusscanner, router, etc... You can try a router reset.
Thanks Ralph. I turned off all other protections (virus, device, ..) and the connection is working. Router turn off/on wasn't necessary. After this I turned on all firewall and security settings and its still working. Obviously I didn't check the firewall hint re x-plane when I first started x-plane after the air manager installation.
best rgds Roland