Moderators: russ, Ralph

frumpy

Selfmade gauges on Android?

#1 Post by frumpy »

Hi guys,

I am trying to make a CDU for the IXEG 737 on Android. I think it would
be a perfect fit :)
However, I don't see the possibility to include a selfmade gauge on
the Android version of AM. Did I overlook anything?

If this works only with downloadable gauges, would you include the
gauge in the store?

Ralph

Re: Selfmade gauges on Android?

#2 Post by Ralph »

It is an Air Manager application. Only Air Player applications have the option to be remotely configured.
We can upload it if it passes quality checks :)

frumpy

#3 Post by frumpy »

If I understand correct, AM and AP allow for selfmade gauges, but AM for Android only
if the gauge is in the store?

Okay, I do my best with the gauge so you guys are happy too!

Sling

#4 Post by Sling »

frumpy,

That's the same for the iPad version too. You could use a windows tablet if you want to upload your own instruments or perhaps a Rpi and small screen.

Tony

fscats

#5 Post by fscats »

I understand (not like, understand) the reason given elsewhere in this forum why I can not publish my own custom gauges to my IPADs (4), but I don't get the logic of why I can not do so for Android devices (3), since they have a built in function to Allow apps from "Unknown Sources". Although I am perfectly alright with publishing my instruments (I have just started), I would like to test them first on my Android Tablets, which after all are a different form factor than any of my Windows Machines (6) or my Linux machines (2).

Are you considering adding support for publishing instruments to Android Tablets?

p.s. Please provide functionality to self deregister an install on one machine so it can be registered on another. Other products do this, indeed there are other Flight Sim products that do this if my memory serves me right. I have desktop machines I prefer to use for developing, but when I am traveling I need to use a lap top, and I do not see the fairness that I have to buy two version of the Desktop program to do so, when I use only one machine at a time, especially when I have also already purchased licenses for Air Player, Air Manager for IPad and Air Manager for Android. I be interested in experimenting with my PI and Arduino devices too, but I have already spent too much on this.

Corjan

#6 Post by Corjan »

Hi,

The fact that Air Player is not on Android is not because we don't want to. It is just that we never got around to doing it.

The licensing thing is a complicated one.

To make it simple, because of multiple technical and business reasons, we have the choice between:
- The way it works now, the user has to ask us to reset a license
- User can change license to different computer. But that means that Air Manager should always have contact with our server (internet access).

Both options have there own pro's and con's. We will reevaluate this decision with AM 4.0 (will take some time...).

Corjan

Sling

#7 Post by Sling »

I for one would be against having to have a permanent internet connection. It's just too inflexible.

SimPassion

#8 Post by SimPassion »

Just so easy as :

sample with only PC devices and fully automated process (apart customer connecting temporarly the "previously activated PC" to the LAN)
  1. the new device connected to internet is requesting for activation to Sim Innovations site
  2. Sim Innovations site answer : ok but you "new PC" : at first contact the already activated PC on the LAN
  3. mandatory temporarly connection of "previously activated PC" to the LAN
  4. "new PC" : ok found "previously activated PC" on the LAN, has confirmed self de activation
  5. "new PC" to Sim Innovations site : ok old "previously activatedPC" is de activated, could you please activate myself ?
  6. Sim Innovations site : allright "old PC" unregistered, send you new activation
  7. "new PC" : ok new activation received and self activation completed
otherwise if any situation is not fulfilled, the process will return in a previous manual process

Gilles

Sling

#9 Post by Sling »

I wonder how reliable that would be. Be interesting to get Ralph and Corjan's take on that.

Corjan

#10 Post by Corjan »

Hi,

It is not that simple unfortunately.

It is very simple to make a copy of the license file for the "old PC", then do your trick to activate the "New PC", and then place the copied license file back.
Then you have two activated Air Managers, where you should have one.

It is something that is possible right now, only we would like to regulate that, so people don't abuse the system.

Corjan