Selfmade gauges on Android?

Help with Air Manager Android version

Moderators: russ, Ralph

jph

Re: Selfmade gauges on Android?

#31 Post by jph »

Corjan wrote: Tue Jul 21, 2020 4:13 pm HI,

You are right, it doesn't say anywhere that it is not possible.
On the other hand, it doesn't say anywhere that it does :).

We will improve the 'Read more' page, that one is a bit bland anyways. A feature table like suggested here is a good idea.

Corjan
lol :lol:
On the other hand, it doesn't say anywhere that it does :).

The feature table would be really good !.... ;)
Joe. CISSP, MSc.

fazaliuyt

#32 Post by fazaliuyt »

frumpy wrote: Thu Sep 13, 2018 1:27 pm Hi guys,

I am trying to make a CDU for the IXEG 737 on Android. I think it would
be a perfect fit :)
However, I don't see the possibility to include a selfmade gauge on
the Android version of AM. Did I overlook anything?
mwplay888.net download
If this works only with downloadable gauges, would you include the
gauge in the store?
If I understand correct, AM and AP allow for selfmade gauges, but AM for Android only
if the gauge is in the store?
Last edited by fazaliuyt on Tue Oct 24, 2023 5:39 am, edited 2 times in total.

jph

#33 Post by jph »

fazaliuyt wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 6:38 am
frumpy wrote: Thu Sep 13, 2018 1:27 pm Hi guys,

I am trying to make a CDU for the IXEG 737 on Android. I think it would
be a perfect fit :)
However, I don't see the possibility to include a selfmade gauge on
the Android version of AM. Did I overlook anything?

If this works only with downloadable gauges, would you include the
gauge in the store?
If I understand correct, AM and AP allow for selfmade gauges, but AM for Android only
if the gauge is in the store?
That is correct. The only way to get a gauge or panel for android is to make it with AM and then submit it to SI for approval to go into the store for use on android.
Joe
Joe. CISSP, MSc.

Donka

#34 Post by Donka »

Just registered here to ask more about this issue.
I'm considering a purchase to supplement my flight sim use with existing Android tablets. I would be keen to create some custom instruments for my Android use and also share with the community however without a way to guarantee they will be on Android, there is no incentive for me to create these.
If there are no plans to allow side loading of our own instruments, is there another way to trial and debug these instruments (or panels) for Android?

jph

#35 Post by jph »

Donka wrote: Tue Jan 17, 2023 12:46 pm Just registered here to ask more about this issue.
I'm considering a purchase to supplement my flight sim use with existing Android tablets. I would be keen to create some custom instruments for my Android use and also share with the community however without a way to guarantee they will be on Android, there is no incentive for me to create these.
If there are no plans to allow side loading of our own instruments, is there another way to trial and debug these instruments (or panels) for Android?
I think the answer is NO, and NO.

Are there 'plans?; ----- there may always be plans in the pipeline but not in the next few years I would suspect, and even that would be optimistic.
Android AM is what it is.
Joe
Joe. CISSP, MSc.

Ralph

#36 Post by Ralph »

The only way to do that would be with Air Player for Android. That is possible, but it also opens up some problems. Like, where should you purchase the license? At Google or in our store? And what should we do with premium panels? And if the purchase goes through the Google store, how should we verify that your Air Player is able to run that premium panel? Etc...

We have quite a few other things to focus on at the moment, so it has no priority at all. Maybe in a far future :)

SimPassion

#37 Post by SimPassion »

Ralph wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 8:47 am The only way to do that would be with Air Player for Android. That is possible, but it also opens up some problems. Like, where should you purchase the license? At Google or in our store? And what should we do with premium panels? And if the purchase goes through the Google store, how should we verify that your Air Player is able to run that premium panel? Etc...

We have quite a few other things to focus on at the moment, so it has no priority at all. Maybe in a far future :)
Why not allow any local repository, either file system or web mode, with your own rules to allow only personal user testing, with still the same current existing AM Android APP ?

Ralph

#38 Post by Ralph »

It is Air Manager. Sending files from one Air Manager to another is not how the system is made. Then still the problem of premium panels/instruments comes up.

SimPassion

#39 Post by SimPassion »

Ralph wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 9:56 am It is Air Manager. Sending files from one Air Manager to another is not how the system is made. Then still the problem of premium panels/instruments comes up.
I don't see in this way. I would rather see the AM Android allowed to pick an instrument, on local connected OTG device (local file system), restricted for testing usage only, or through a web connection, using a dedicated standalone web server like WAMP, though embedded in AM for Desktop on the other side ... What do you think @Ralph and @Corjan ?

WAMP / LAMP / MAMP / XAMPP ...
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WampServer
https://sourceforge.net/projects/wampserver/
https://www.wampserver.com/en/

Ralph

#40 Post by Ralph »

That makes it even more complex I think :)
Air Player can work, but we have to think good about how the whole ecosystem is going to work. Probably somewhere in the future...