RPI 4 only part of image is showing on monitor

Support for connecting hardware to the Raspberry Pi GPIO

Moderators: russ, Ralph

brodhaq

RPI 4 only part of image is showing on monitor

#1 Post by brodhaq »

Hello,
I have a strange issue with RPI 4. I have been using it for months now. When I first switched from RPI 3 to RPI 4, I had this EXACT issue. Luckily, someone from this forum was able to help be, but I am unable to find that old thread. Yesterday I accidentaly uploaded a broken instrument with "=" missing to my RPI, which bricked it. It would not load, remains stucked at Sim Innovations splash screen. So I re-downloaded the Air Player from the wiki, and re-flashed the SD card. Unfortunately after booting, validating licence and putting the instrument, I have the exact same problem I used to have, and I can not remember how it was fixed recently. Someone has any ideas? Obviously only the bottom left part of the display is working, the rest is blank. The display and the cable is fie, because the linux booting texts, and SimInnovations splash screen are over the whole display. The problem begins when the Air Player panel gets loaded, the white "For home use only" screen with the progress bar is already corrupted (showing only the left bottom part), and after the instrument is loaded, the problem remains.

Photos after and before. Any ideas?

Thank you!
Pavel
after.jpg
before.jpg
Pavel Brodský
Prague, Czech Republic

Ralph

Re: RPI 4 only part of image is showing on monitor

#2 Post by Ralph »

The resolution has to be exactly the same as the monitor. This is a known issue on the Pi 4. I'm not sure, but I guess you'll have to 'hard configure' the resolution in the boot config.

brodhaq

Re: RPI 4 only part of image is showing on monitor

#3 Post by brodhaq »

Ok, found my old notes. This is the solution. SSH into your RPi, use sudo nano /boot/config.txt and set the following parameters (adjust for your screen resolution). Use CTRL + O to save, and CTRL + X to quit. Reboot your RPi.

Pavel
config_RPi.PNG
Pavel Brodský
Prague, Czech Republic