Arduino Uno not connecting

Support for Arduino in combination with Air Manager and Air Player

Moderators: russ, Ralph

JohnF

Arduino Uno not connecting

#1 Post by JohnF »

Arduino Uno does not connect after downloading Arduino script.
If I re-flash Arduino Uno in Airmanager it connects, I then close Airmanager and upload Arduino sketch. then open Airmanager after this Airmanager will usually not connect to Uno, or sometimes connects after 5 min or more. I hust get a searching on Com port message.

Ralph

Re: Arduino Uno not connecting

#2 Post by Ralph »

Uno sketch? You're using Message port?

JohnF

#3 Post by JohnF »

Using message port.
Arduino sketch
I have tried uploading blank sketch, and then run Airmanager still wont connect, but flash arduino and Airmanager connectes, no problem after closing Airmanager and opening it again it connects no problem. but if I load any sketch even a blank one into Uno Airmanager does not connect.

JohnF

#4 Post by JohnF »

Using original Arduino Uno, first thought is something is being overwritten when uploading Arduino sketch

jph

#5 Post by jph »

JohnF wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 9:14 am Using message port.
Arduino sketch
I have tried uploading blank sketch, and then run Airmanager still wont connect, but flash arduino and Airmanager connectes, no problem after closing Airmanager and opening it again it connects no problem. but if I load any sketch even a blank one into Uno Airmanager does not connect.
Hi John, I can confirm it works here no problem.
With a blank sketch it will never connect. It needs at least the basic air manger 'example' sketch, and of course, library.
Can you confirm you have followed the details here ? - it is important to load the latest library from the link below.
https://siminnovations.com/wiki/index.p ... agePort.29
When you have installed the library, then in the Arduino IDE you can open the example code BasicExample from the Si Message Port library using the ' File / Examples' menu in the arduino IDE.
For the test - do not change anything at all in the sketch - in the example code even if using an uno. The sketch code defaults to calling it a mega - it doesnt matter as it is only a name for identification.
Then flash the Uno, close the IDE, open air manager and use device / add / Arduino and select the comm port. then in a few seconds it should appear.
See if that works
Joe
Joe. CISSP, MSc.

JohnF

#6 Post by JohnF »

It connects just with flashing the Uno, shutting down air manager and loading airmanager again with no code in Uno it connects no problem.

Sling

#7 Post by Sling »

Hi JohnF,

A blank sketch won't work as there needs to be the basic's in the Aurduino to communicate with Air Manager. As suggested you can try the example sketch on the wiki or perhaps try watching the message port tutorial video (linked in my signature below).

Tony

JohnF

#8 Post by JohnF »

I have had this working on Uno and Mega, I have tried the demo sketch now and it works, however loading my sketch does not, I have checked all the message port code and it is identical to the demo but it does not work. Is there a critical time between ticks??

JohnF

#9 Post by JohnF »

Is there any other pins on Uno that should not be used apart from D0 and D1.

JohnF

#10 Post by JohnF »

I have copied the demo code bits to my code although they where identical but there is no difference. What I have observed is that it connected when there was les code and the connection got more unreliable as size increased.
Maybe you could see if it runs on your device, and advise where problem exists.