Support for Arduino in combination with Air Manager and Air Player

Moderators: russ, Ralph

ExPatAviator

Re: Arduino Pro Micro

#11 Post by ExPatAviator »

jph

#12 Post by jph »

ExPatAviator wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 12:54 pm Sorry, try this https://m.aliexpress.com/item/33052809 ... 160elNElWY
Still difficult to read, (VERY large text and graphics) but, if you are referring to the 'guitar' type aluminium dual concentric knobs.. I have plenty of those ! - I also have exactly the same encoders. The dual knobs do not look like the ones in your images though ?
Joe. (slight baffled - but, not unusual.............................................)
Joe. CISSP, MSc.

jph

#13 Post by jph »

ExPatAviator wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 12:32 pm I don’t see any reason why you couldn’t use android with something like spacedesk. If I had only wanted the GTN I’d have used an iPad mini
Thanks for the input. I have had spacedesk since the early betas. It is really good, but tends to hammer the main PC that outputs to the android device. It has potential though. ;)
Joe. CISSP, MSc.

ExPatAviator

#14 Post by ExPatAviator »

They are rotary encoders so not potentiometers like guitars I suppose.

How about this link
https://octopart.com/ec11ebb24c03-alps-757529

ExPatAviator

#15 Post by ExPatAviator »

jph wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 1:03 pm
ExPatAviator wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 12:32 pm I don’t see any reason why you couldn’t use android with something like spacedesk. If I had only wanted the GTN I’d have used an iPad mini
Thanks for the input. I have had spacedesk since the early betas. It is really good, but tends to hammer the main PC that outputs to the android device. It has potential though. ;)
I used to find that but recently xplane doesn’t seem to take such a hit when I use Duet or spacedesk. Perhaps since the move to Vulcan my CPU is doing a bit less

jph

#16 Post by jph »

ExPatAviator wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 1:05 pm They are rotary encoders so not potentiometers like guitars I suppose.

How about this link
Hi :)
Sorry, don't understand what you mean ? .. a dual concentric knob is a dual concentric knob... it is of absolutely no consequence if it is a potentiometer or an encoder. The 'guitar' type dual concentric knobs on the page that you linked to are not the type you show ?
I didn't ask for the link to the encoders, I have stacks of them, I asked for the link to the dual concentric knobs that you use ?
Cheers, Joe :D
Joe. CISSP, MSc.

jph

#17 Post by jph »

ExPatAviator wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 1:06 pm
jph wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 1:03 pm
I used to find that but recently xplane doesn’t seem to take such a hit when I use Duet or spacedesk. Perhaps since the move to Vulcan my CPU is doing a bit less
Hi, it was more the OS, but, I haven't tried spacedesk for a while so will give it another shot.. thanks. ;)
Joe. CISSP, MSc.

ExPatAviator

#18 Post by ExPatAviator »

jph wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 1:10 pm
ExPatAviator wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 1:05 pm They are rotary encoders so not potentiometers like guitars I suppose.

How about this link
Sorry, don't understand what you mean ? .. a dual concentric knob is a dual concentric knob... it is of absolutely no consequence if it is a potentiometer or an encoder. The 'guitar' type dual concentric knobs on the page that you linked to are not the type you show ?
I didn't ask for the link to the encoders, I have stacks of them, I asked for the link to the dual concentric knobs that you use ?
Sorry! I misunderstood!

I designed and 3D printed those myself. Happy to send you the STL if you would like with the caveat I’m a 3D modeling amateur !

jph

#19 Post by jph »

ExPatAviator wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 1:14 pm

How about this link
Sorry! I misunderstood!

I designed and 3D printed those myself. Happy to send you the STL if you would like with the caveat I’m a 3D modeling amateur !
;) AH, excellent, sorry for the confusion. Yes please send the STL if that's ok ?. Hardware ? - I am totally fine with - 2D CAD, no worries, 3D cad - yikes - !! I think I am too old at 63.... I just cant get my head around it - or maybe thingyverse etc makes me lazy :D :o
Joe. CISSP, MSc.

ExPatAviator

#20 Post by ExPatAviator »

jph wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 1:28 pm
ExPatAviator wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 1:14 pm
Sorry! I misunderstood!

;) AH, excellent, sorry for the confusion. Yes please send the STL if that's ok ?. Hardware ? - I am totally fine with - 2D CAD, no worries, 3D cad - yikes - !! I think I am too old at 63.... I just cant get my head around it - or maybe thingyverse etc makes me lazy :D :o
Here you go! https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4850176/files