Arduino connected but not working after V4 upgrade

Support for Arduino in combination with Air Manager and Air Player

Moderators: russ, Ralph

Keith Baxter

Re: Arduino connected but not working after V4 upgrade

#31 Post by Keith Baxter »

Hi

Ok no worries my AM4 beta asked to update.

Will check.

Keith
AMD RYZEN 9 5950X CPU, Corsair H80I cooler, ASUS TUF GAMING B550-PLUS AMD Ryzen Mother Board,  32Gb ram Corsair Vengeance 3000Mh, MSI GTX960 4G graphics card 

jim_in_nh

#32 Post by jim_in_nh »

I've got the beta loaded up, but how to do I get my panels and instruments into it?

Thanks,
Jim

Corjan

#33 Post by Corjan »

Hi,

Copy 'C:\Users\<user_name>\Air Manager' into 'C:\Users\<user_name>\Air Manager BETA'.
Make sure that AM is not running during the copy.

Corjan

jim_in_nh

#34 Post by jim_in_nh »

WORKS!

Nice Job! Thank you!!!

Jim

Mccluress

#35 Post by Mccluress »

I downloaded the beta and tried it myself. I am still getting the failed to bind for any hardware pins though.
g5.txt
(2.55 KiB) Downloaded 212 times

Mccluress

#36 Post by Mccluress »

Read some posts above. I changed my pi to not automatically load the instrument panel. When I did that and waited for the arduino to load before showing instruments, all of my connections binded fine. So it seems there needs to be some delay inputted to allow time to boot the arduino prior to the panel launching.
g5.txt
(3.96 KiB) Downloaded 185 times
Now it just seemed really laggy though it is plugged directly into the internet and not on wifi. Checked the log and got failed to connect to "IP address" multiple times. Log attached.

chefpilot

#37 Post by chefpilot »

I tried the new beta and it seems that everything is working fine.
Unfortunately I have no success with Air Player Desktop. The arduino is not even showing that it is connected most of the time.
It would be great if that problem could be solved as well.
May be I'm making a mistake with Version 4.0. Is there any chance to get a detailed instructions how to connect and use AirPlayer with an arduino?
Marc

Mccluress

#38 Post by Mccluress »

If your problem is with the arduino working in conjunction with the pi, I am having the same issues. The only way I can get it to work right now is to set the air player to not display the instruments. Plug the arduino in and let the pi boot all the way up. On air manager after you see the arduino listed under the pi, then show the panel and it will work. Kinda sucks because the point of having the air player is to not have to use air manager on my sim computer.

jim_in_nh

#39 Post by jim_in_nh »

While my setup is again working with the Beta version, I looked in my log file, and sure enough there are a bunch of "Failed to bind hardware..." events. But despite these, the hardware eventually connects and they must all bind up, because they work.

But this brings me back to the question of how to suspend progress on the first pass through the HW script? "While-do" and "repeat-until" statements seem to crash AM, so does someone have a tried and true method? I could make a loop count but that is so dependent on other factors so as not to be reliable.

And why must the hardware be defined on the first pass through the script and not in a conditional waiting for successful Arduino connection?

Thanks,
Jim

Corjan

#40 Post by Corjan »

Hi,

You can ignore those binding messages, AM is designed in such a way that it will automatically bind the hardware once it becomes available.
It was a request of someone at the time to get the message, but tbh I'm thinking of removing it again since it doesn't really solve anything.

The lua code is event bases, so indeed never make waiting while loops,

Corjan