Open source default sketch?

Support for Arduino in combination with Air Manager and Air Player

Moderators: russ, Ralph

bartroozendaal

Open source default sketch?

#1 Post by bartroozendaal »

I was wondering if it possible to open source the default sketch that AirManager provides for integration of Arduino's. I would be happy to use it, barring the lack of support for I2C displays. If I would be able to extend to support I2C displays, either by introducing a new supported command in AM, or by supporting a SiMessagePort-like generic mechanism, that would prevent me from creating the whole shabang in the sketch. I gather the standard sketch also uses the SiMessage-port mechanism in some fashion. If I would be able to simply send message to my Arduino, telling it to use the I2C display, printing some characters on a specific position on the display, it would be all that I need added to the default sketch.

Looking forward to your thoughts....
Bart Roozendaal
https://fsarduino.com

Corjan

Re: Open source default sketch?

#2 Post by Corjan »

Hi,

That code is not build as an Arduino sketch, but an Atmel studio project instead.
It also relies on many internal libraries that we don't want to make open source.

Corjan

bartroozendaal

#3 Post by bartroozendaal »

Ok, too bad... Would have been fun though :-)

Would you be willing to open source the communication protocol between your Arduino app and AM, so we (I) could implement our own 'backend'?
Bart Roozendaal
https://fsarduino.com

Corjan

#4 Post by Corjan »

Hi,

No, sorry.
That would mean that I have to open source a bunch of our internal libraries, which I rather don't.

Corjan