Multi Engine Throttles have not a smooth movement

Support for Arduino in combination with Air Manager and Air Player

Moderators: russ, Ralph

Ralph

Re: Multi Engine Throttles have not a smooth movement

#21 Post by Ralph »

It's indeed not the case that a clone is bad perse. But they can be of questionable quality.

I have not tested this on a Pi, but in theory that shouldn't matter. He can try it on the desktop to confirm.

jph

#22 Post by jph »

Ralph wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 11:41 am It's indeed not the case that a clone is bad perse. But they can be of questionable quality.

I have not tested this on a Pi, but in theory that shouldn't matter. He can try it on the desktop to confirm.
Hi Ralph, it is not a 'clone' unless it uses the 'trademark' that is applied on the arduino store to some devices. Even then it is a trademark 'copy' issue only if a certain name and logo on the board is used - NOT the hardware.
Anything bought from the arduino store is, imho a rip off due to cost and no benefit.
Again, this is truly OPEN SOURCE HARDWARE. It can advertise itself as a 'mega' compatible (trademark only - design is fully open sources!) - that is PERFECTLY ok. Providing its graphic overlay is not trying to rip off the trademark unit. And, bearing in mind that the 'trademark' unit infers nothing of quality at all as that is a COPY of the open source design by it's nature. It is not the 'original' design or product.
There is NO 'CLONE'. 10 years ago there may have been some sub standard FULLY LEGAL offerings (as they are truly open source hardware). But in the last 10 years ??? Naw... most of the stuff is of better quality than the stuff that comes from the 'store' , which is no more 'legitimate' than a product direct of AliX, In a lot of cases the products from AliX are of superb quality equal or better than the overpriced store bought stuff. Which is NOT anything more than the same Chinese sourced product with a badge on. Both being perfectly legal - No CLONE.
Any way - ;) :D
We can agree to differ in opinions (apart from legalities of course).
:) ;)
I also can fully appreciate that certain aspects can make support extremely problematic. That I understand, and, appreciate you may well prefer a specific source of a copy of an open source hardware design. (such as the arduino store)
Either way, it is only important that it works as they all come from the same place in 99.99999% of cases. :shock: :mrgreen:
Joe. CISSP, MSc.

Huberflight

#23 Post by Huberflight »

*****UPDATE Multi Engine Throttles have not a smooth movement******

Hello Everybody.

I haven't looked here for a long time because I've been traveling a lot for work.
But after I heard about the major update of Air Manger (4.x), I had hopes that the problem I described might have been fixed.
And what can I say, since my update to AM 4.x and my update to AP 4.x (RPI/ Arduino Mega) there is no more stuttering.
All levers run smoothly with the exact same script and hardware :D

I've got new problems, but hopefully I can fix them :?: :idea: :?
When it looks not right, go around. It's easier to explain why you done it, than for others to finde out why you don't.