Wet Compass and Stepper Motor

Support for Arduino in combination with Air Manager and Air Player

Moderators: russ, Ralph

russ

Re: Wet Compass and Stepper Motor

#21 Post by russ »

You might consider this product by Virtual Fly. I think it does what you want and is plug-n-play. in stock for €395. Currently additional 15% off for Black Friday sale I think.

See: https://www.virtual-fly.com/en/shop/controls/composs

6D05AF40-FCD8-4029-AB75-18244ED36F65.png
Russ Barlow
Air Manager Evangelist

Keith Baxter

#22 Post by Keith Baxter »

Blue_Wings wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 3:24 pm Lool you have spent the time arguing not helping. If you wanna help others maybe start with dropping that passive-aggressive attitude.
Hi,

You are not going to get much help from the community with that attitude I can guarantee that.

I have followed this thread and "NOWHERE" do I see any code from you to assist in your issue.

So please post you code in the code box and we might be able to assist and help you. I can understand your frustration, like setting up a email account on a new mobile phone.

Keith
AMD RYZEN 9 5950X CPU, Corsair H80I cooler, ASUS TUF GAMING B550-PLUS AMD Ryzen Mother Board,  32Gb ram Corsair Vengeance 3000Mh, MSI GTX960 4G graphics card 

Blue_Wings

#23 Post by Blue_Wings »

Hi Russ,

Many thanks for your suggestion. I am sure it is a great product but the price is a bit too steep for me.

MobiFlight supports a compass function and I am fine with the manual calibration as an interim solution but I wanted to use the Arduino Nano which I can incorporate inside the compass case that I have designed. Sadly Mobi does not support the Nano but AM does which is why I was originally interested in any AM scripts that can help.

I will stick with Mobi for now as it is the only option.

Thanks again.

Blue_Wings

#24 Post by Blue_Wings »

Keith Baxter wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 3:44 pm
Blue_Wings wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 3:24 pm Lool you have spent the time arguing not helping. If you wanna help others maybe start with dropping that passive-aggressive attitude.
Hi,

You are not going to get much help from the community with that attitude I can guarantee that.

I have followed this thread and "NOWHERE" do I see any code from you to assist in your issue.

So please post you code in the code box and we might be able to assist and help you. I can understand your frustration, like setting up a email account on a new mobile phone.

Keith
I was looking for guidance or a script to operate a stepper as a compass. I don't have a code and no one seems to have it neither.

Keith Baxter

#25 Post by Keith Baxter »

Blue_Wings wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 4:17 pm
I was looking for guidance or a script to operate a stepper as a compass. I don't have a code and no one seems to have it neither.
Hi,

OK lets start here.
What code have tried? If you can post that we can guide you further.

Keith
AMD RYZEN 9 5950X CPU, Corsair H80I cooler, ASUS TUF GAMING B550-PLUS AMD Ryzen Mother Board,  32Gb ram Corsair Vengeance 3000Mh, MSI GTX960 4G graphics card 

Blue_Wings

#26 Post by Blue_Wings »

As I have mentioned in my very first post, I am very new AM and arduino. I haven't found any working codes.

im sure i'm not the first who attempts this simple idea but I couldn't find a beginner friendly guide to do it. If you have any code and willing to share it, that will benefit the community.

There seems to be lots of interest in this and companies like Virtual Fly are making plug and play compasses at steep prices.

Ralph

#27 Post by Ralph »

Passive aggressive? :? I've provided you with an instrument you could use (I don't know anything about the exact hardware setup you have there, so it was just my best guess), I have offered to change the script so you can use it in your setup, I have offered to help you with an alternate hardware setup, I have offered you to answer your question. And all you can say is that I'm passive aggressive? Well thanks I guess :roll:

Keith Baxter

#28 Post by Keith Baxter »

Blue_Wings wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 4:35 pm As I have mentioned in my very first post, I am very new AM and arduino. I haven't found any working codes.

im sure i'm not the first who attempts this simple idea but I couldn't find a beginner friendly guide to do it. If you have any code and willing to share it, that will benefit the community.

There seems to be lots of interest in this and companies like Virtual Fly are making plug and play compasses at steep prices.
Hi,

I am trying to help you and have no interest in other products. Lets get focused on getting your instrument working.

You say in a previous post the gauge just go's round and round. I want you to post that code so that we can show you where your issue is.

Keith
Last edited by Keith Baxter on Thu Dec 03, 2020 4:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ralph

#29 Post by Ralph »

It's the wet compass hardware function in 4.0 which I apparently passively aggressively uploaded for this guy.

Blue_Wings

#30 Post by Blue_Wings »

Keith Baxter wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 4:42 pm
Blue_Wings wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 4:35 pm As I have mentioned in my very first post, I am very new AM and arduino. I haven't found any working codes.

Hi,

I am trying to help you and have no interest in other products. Lets get focused on getting your instrument working.

You say in a previous post the gauge just go's round and round. I want you to post that code so that we can show you where your issue is.

Keith
It's the code that comes with AM 4 Beta 19 that does not work.