Help with ESP32-DevKitC board

Support for Arduino in combination with Air Manager and Air Player

Moderators: russ, Ralph

Augustoglauco

Help with ESP32-DevKitC board

#1 Post by Augustoglauco »

Hi All,

Another noob here asking for help. I am on AM 4.0 beta and now i'd like to try esp32.
I wrote a simple lua script to handle throttle (potentiometer). Works great with arduino uno.
I am trying to use it on a ESP32-DevKitC board. Firmware flashed ok. I can see the device on AM 4, but when upload the panel to it, "Uploading" air player hardware window stays forever "Uploading". And do not show any hardware properties to assign the board channel and pin.
Can anyone give some help?

Thanks.

Ralph

Re: Help with ESP32-DevKitC board

#2 Post by Ralph »

I'm not sure if the ESP32 works with Air Manager 4.0, it hasn't been tested.

faan_skit

#3 Post by faan_skit »

Hey,

Still trying to figure out my system set-up and have been playing with Air Manager BETA (33) with X Plane 11 for a few days now.
It runs great on a quite old Atom Cherry Trail PC with Windows 10. 29 FPS with the Cessna 172 panels. Kudos to that!

For the sake of it, here is the device information:
Tronsmart Ara X5 Plus
- Cherry Trail Z8300 14nm 1.8G 64-bit Quad core
- 2GB DDR3L
- 32 GB

The only concern so far is that Bitdefender quarantined the Bootloader and the desktop link to the bootloader. Hope that's just a false positive.

Today I have figured out how to run an Arduino Dou with LED's, buttons, servos and a character display. Again, great stuff and kudos to you.
Only thing really missing was support for OLED displays.

Next I was planning to hook up an old ESP32 Devkit I had laying around.
Air Manager flashes it successfully and it boots and appears on the network (as espressif) and I can ping it. All good.
But, I does not appear as a Air Player hardware as expected. It does not appear at all.

Any hints on next steps I can take to figure this our?

Thanks, Marcus

Ralph

#4 Post by Ralph »

It's still un-tested for 4.0, so it probably doesn't work. We need it in a commercial project soon, so we'll be looking into it this week.

faan_skit

#5 Post by faan_skit »

Ralph wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 3:41 pm It's still un-tested for 4.0, so it probably doesn't work. We need it in a commercial project soon, so we'll be looking into it this week.
Let me know if you need support in testing or so. /Marcus