Power Issue

Support for Arduino in combination with Air Manager and Air Player

Moderators: russ, Ralph

baranismen

Power Issue

#1 Post by baranismen »

Hey there fellas.

Ok, so I'm having this problem and I don't know why. I used to have this, it has been solved somehow but not it's happening again.

So let me share my whole setup first;
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1rEXMRj ... sp=sharing

And this is my current setup as it seems in real;

And here's some detail;

- Overhead contains 2 China-Type blue Max7219 modules, and they are connected to Mega 1 as daisy-chained. Each gets 5V from the board separately.
- Radio contains 11 Max 7219 modules, it's connected to the related board and chained as 6+5. Each does NOT get 5V from the board separately, as they don't lose power per each chained board, specially designed boards they have.
- MCP contains 5 China-Type blue Max7219 modules, all daisy-chained and connected to the related board. Each gets 5V from the board separately.
- Gear Panel doesn't contain any Max, just switches and few annunciators.
- Overall, there are 2/3 way switches, LED Diodes and multi switches, nothing fancy (not even stepper or servos)

My problem is when I turn the switch on overhead to open the LED's, all 3 overhead boards go unstable and stops working. Sometimes this affects the whole system and none of the 7219 modules on any panel works. They show the last gotten value from the sim, switches & encoders, etc. work, but screens and LED Diodes freeze up. Turning the 5V led's on doesn't do any harm, but this is really stupid, once I tried separating the ground of LED and Arduino's, but this problem happened again. Some suggested to merge them and create a common ground, and I did.

Anyway, If I can't solve this, I think I'll throw everything I have out of the window including my PC.

Any suggestions are welcome!

Cheers,
Baran