RPI Communication Problem

Support for Air Player desktop on ARM devices, like the Raspberry Pi.

Moderators: russ, Ralph

Cherokee83

RPI Communication Problem

#1 Post by Cherokee83 »

Hi,

I keep on getting this error for my RPI every time I save the changes I made for the gauges. Can someone help me?

Thanks!
Cherokee83
Attachments
am3.0 error.jpg

Corjan

Re: RPI Communication Problem

#2 Post by Corjan »

Hi,

Hard to say what the issue is exactly.
Where you able to push a panel before? And if so, does the panel show up on the Raspberry Pi?

Sorry for the inconvenience,

Corjan

Cherokee83

#3 Post by Cherokee83 »

Hi,

Yes I was able to push and show a panel before with the RPI.. Then when I tried making some changes with the settings and save it I keep on getting the communication error notification.
After that error all I can see on my RPI screen is the SIM INNOVATIONS logo.

Thanks! :-)

palacio802

#4 Post by palacio802 »

Same problem. Did you find any solution???

Cherokee83

#5 Post by Cherokee83 »

palacio802 wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2017 8:04 pm Same problem. Did you find any solution???
No solutions yet.. :)

Cherokee83

#6 Post by Cherokee83 »

I'm currently running 4 Air Player RPI's for my panel.

I was wondering why is it that only 1 out of my 4 RPI's is having that communication error.

Except........
OH! I was able to try the beta version of Air Player Raspberry before with the RPI that is currently and the only one experiencing the error.
Then instead of reformatting/overwrite the old micro sd card I used for the beta version I bought a new micro sd card for the Official Release/Licensed version of Air Player Raspberry and insert it back to the same RPI.

maybe it has a connection to the problem? hehe maybe
Just thinking!

THANKS!
Cherokee 83
palacio802 wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2017 8:04 pm Same problem. Did you find any solution???
HI,

Did you also use the same RPI for the beta and licensed version of Air Player Raspberry that is having the communication error?

Thanks!

Corjan

#7 Post by Corjan »

Hi,

I'm afraid this is a bug in the Air Player software. It seems like the configuration is corrupt, and that is causing Air Player to misbehave.

I would like to get hold of the SD card image of the Pi, so I can investigate what might went wrong.
Alternatively, a zip package of the '\root\Air Player' folder might also work.

Let me know if one of you wants to help me, and if so, if you need help making the image or packaging the folder.

Reimaging the SD card is the easy fix if you want to have it working asap. The problem might (and probably will) resurface though.

Sorry for the inconvenience,

Corjan

palacio802

#8 Post by palacio802 »

I'm using AM for a professional project. I have put much effort and many work hours in two professional level
instruments. So, I am really interested in having the raspeberrys working.

In my case, I use release version of AM v3 and the release version of Raspberry pi Air Player. Just after
burning the image in the sd card, the AM in the main computer detects the Air Player in raspberry. But
all I can do is to run on it a single instrument. If I create a panel and save, a windows says that it is
been transferred to the raspberry, but nothing happens.

And if I make some trials, there's a moment after which the raspberry is not detected any more, or I
get the communicaation problem warning.

Corjan

#9 Post by Corjan »

Hi,

I will dedicate next week into finding the source of this problem, and hopefully fixing it.

In the maintime, if one of you feel comfertable enough with Linux, could you SSH into the Pi using standard pi/raspberry credentials and create an archive of the '/root/Air Player' folder.

Corjan

Cherokee83

#10 Post by Cherokee83 »

Hi Corjan!

I want to help 😊 Just let me know what you need.

Hmmm. Can you help or teach me how to do the alternative that you were saying? I'm not super good with computer hehe.

Thanks!
Cherokee83