RPI Communication Problem

Support for Air Player desktop on ARM devices, like the Raspberry Pi.

Moderators: russ, Ralph

Huberflight

Re: RPI Communication Problem

#31 Post by Huberflight »

*Update* :D
1. PC X-Plane & Baron B58 Standard.pdf
(65.31 KiB) Downloaded 235 times
Hi folks.
Maybe i have a Soulution for this problem. I had exactly the same issue.

My Problem:
Nearly every time when i load my Personal code to a Raspberry pi 3 Model B+ it hangs up and no working was possible anymore. Only after i installed a new on my SD Card and activated the Air Player Image (ver. 3.7.1) brings it back to live.
With Original Air Manager Instuments it works fine.

My (Personal) Soulution:
Initial situation as discribed above. Rpi with fresh AP image (ver. 3.7.1)/ Win 10/ all Hardware Panels Connected.

- Create a new, empty Panel, with the Name „Work Panel“
- Then create a Second empty Panel with the Name „Dummy Panel“ (The names have been chosen completely arbitrarily and only serve to distinguish the panels)
- In the Dummy Panel install an Air Manager Original Instrument (I take the Horizontal Trim indicator of the C-172)
- Then install all the Instuments in the work Panel you need
- That‘s it

After i have found this „soulution“ i loaded several (40+) times the Same LUA Codes to my Rpi that braked it before without any problem.

My System:
I‘m using AM mainly for Hardware Connection (Switches, Rotary Encoder, LED’s, Poti etc.) I put a Connection draft into this post. So you can have a better overview over my System. All the Lower Panels are only Hardware Connection’s installed (Switches etc....). In my 3 Top Panels there are Monitors installed in the back. This Panels are also each constructed with a Rpi and Hardware. Manly Rotary Encoders and Buttons.They work from the beginning perfect.

My Conclusion:
With a Grafik Output, the loading of my own codes is possible. Without any Grafik output it Hangs to 99,8%.

Of course I‘m a LUA coding beginner and make errors. That make the debugging a long and hard process. But it works for my System. Maybe others can benefit from my testing hours as well. So please let me know.
When it looks not right, go around. It's easier to explain why you done it, than for others to finde out why you don't.