Air Player for Pi doesn't reflect data

Support for Air Player desktop on ARM devices, like the Raspberry Pi.

Moderators: russ, Ralph

flythebigsky

Air Player for Pi doesn't reflect data

#1 Post by flythebigsky »

Hey everyone! I have a pretty frustrating problem and I feel like I'm missing something simple. I'm new here and just got my sim up and running in the electronic sense. A bit of polishing to do cosmetically but that's beside the point. I'm using Air player for Pi to drive a monitor behind a wood panel for displaying instruments. The Pi is connected via ethernet to the same network as the sim. When I turn my system on the panel I made loads up just fine...however it's just static. It doesn't show any actual readings, PFD/MFD engine instruments...nothing. The Pi is connected just fine to Air manager as it shows up and I can manipulate it. The Pi is also connected to the sim (I believe) because it shows up as an external visual in Xplane 11. I tried connecting Air player manually to Xplane through Air manager, I also shut off windows firewall etc etc. Nothing seems to be working. I know the panel is okay because it has worked in the past, specifically the session after I got everything configured and hooked up. I don't know if it matters but I'm simultaneously running Mobiflight to connect to an Arduino 2650 for autopilot and radio controls. Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance for the help and feel free to ask for any details...this is really a great trainer when it's working :)

Pic from when it was functional
IMG_6990.jpg

Ralph

Re: Air Player for Pi doesn't reflect data

#2 Post by Ralph »

Are you using the latest plugin?
http://siminnovations.com/wiki/index.ph ... stallation
You can download the log.txt from the Pi by right clicking on it in Air Manager, there might be something useful in there.

flythebigsky

#3 Post by flythebigsky »

Just checked that, it’s all up to date and running properly. I’ll post the log text as soon as I can retrieve it.

flythebigsky

#4 Post by flythebigsky »

Update:
Seems to work fine when the computer is also connected to Ethernet. Not sure what the block is with WiFi but I just ordered a switch and some cables to build into the body of the sim, should be more reliable anyways.