Shutdown Option without manager?

Support for Air Player desktop on ARM devices, like the Raspberry Pi.

Moderators: russ, Ralph

richdmoore

Shutdown Option without manager?

#1 Post by richdmoore »

Hello. I have been experimenting with Air Player with the Raspberry Pi, and had a question I hope someone can help me with.

I see in order to not corrupt the sd card, the raspberry should be put in shutdown mode before turning it off.

Normally, in order to do a shutdown, I have to go into Air Manager on my mac, then select the shutdown from the device menu.

If I forget and shutdown the computer first, or simply don't load air manager (everything is running on air player for flight already) then I have to reload/restart the mac just to run the shutdown command.

Is there a better way? I saw something called a Pi hat that had a shutdown button, but I was unsure if that would work in air manager? Has anyone used one? Any experiences?

Can I create a Safe shutdown touch screen software button somewhere that will accomplish a safe shutdown? How about a stand alone hardware button connected to the pi or an Arduino via usb?

Ralph

Re: Shutdown Option without manager?

#2 Post by Ralph »

This is probably what you're looking for?
http://siminnovations.com/wiki/index.ph ... =Shut_down

richdmoore

Re: Shutdown Option without manager?

#3 Post by richdmoore »

That looks like what I want. I will just need to hook it either to a software instrument or physical button then. Thank you.