Issue with ASUS VT168 Monitor

Support for Air Player desktop on ARM devices, like the Raspberry Pi.

Moderators: russ, Ralph

01bobby@cox.net

Issue with ASUS VT168 Monitor

#1 Post by 01bobby@cox.net »

While the downloaded Air Player image v3.7 seems to work normally with this monitor (without touchscreen use) when operating from my authorized RP3, it has problems with the image when used in a newly authorized RP4.
Initially in the RP4, the system did not seem to recognize that the monitor was there at all. The monitor would briefly report "No Signal" before switching to standby with no other display. However, when replaced by any of several other HDMI monitors, everything works fine. Modifying the /boot/config.txt file to enable hdmi_safe=1 (also later changed hdmi_force_hotplug=1) now allows the monitor to display the raspberries at boot time and the line by line bootup sequence as it loads. However, once the boot nears completion, instead of displaying the instrument panel (as the other monitors do), it goes back to a blank screen, reports "No Signal" and the monitor goes back to standby. Both the associated Air Manager and the rp4 Air Player have been authorized and function normally with other monitors, and an authorized RP3 works perfectly with the VT168 monitor in question. I was hoping to use the touchscreen functions, but haven't even begun to look there yet.

Any thoughts?

Sling

Re: Issue with ASUS VT168 Monitor

#2 Post by Sling »

Be warned that touch screens and Rpi as a combination will not work for all monitors. I have Dell and they didn’t work with Rpi when I last tried. Others have had issues as well. Best to stick with windows.

richdmoore

#3 Post by richdmoore »

A list of know working touchscreens would be a great addition to the forums. I really don't want to buy something just to have to ship it back because it doesn't work with air player (or works, but can't be rotated vertically.)

I have been really trying to do my research for making a better sim setup, to not only allow me to practice various IFR procedures before real life checkrides, but also for the entertainment factor of flying equipment and places I will never get the chance to in real life. Hopefully as Air Manager/Player evolves, the learning curve will get easier for me.

Ralph

#4 Post by Ralph »

There's not really a list of supported touch screens. It depends if the chip is supported by the Raspberry Pi OS, it's not something we supply. Some manufacturers supply their own drivers, some don't, etc...

But what you're describing doesn't sound like a touch screen issue, nor does it sounds like it is related to Air Player, but some kind of video output issue. Did you try to Google for this issue?