Think my Rpi image is corrupted ....

Support for Air Player desktop on ARM devices, like the Raspberry Pi.

Moderators: russ, Ralph

Ralph

Re: Think my Rpi image is corrupted ....

#11 Post by Ralph »

You have to clone the panel(s) on the Panels tab to have them available/stored in Air Manager. You will have to go into the file system trough SSH. I can give you the directory if you feel comfortable with using the command line.

drnicolas

#12 Post by drnicolas »

Yeeeess. Pleeeease!
I do not find anything which looks like a panel
Air Manager 3.6 Home Use - Rpi AirpLayer with 7" Touchscreen

Keith Baxter

#13 Post by Keith Baxter »

drnicolas wrote: Mon Dec 21, 2020 1:34 pm Yeeeess. Pleeeease!
I do not find anything which looks like a panel
Your Panels not here.

C:\Users\YOUR_NAME\Air manager BETA\panels\OPEN_DIRECTORY

Keith
AMD RYZEN 9 5950X CPU, Corsair H80I cooler, ASUS TUF GAMING B550-PLUS AMD Ryzen Mother Board,  32Gb ram Corsair Vengeance 3000Mh, MSI GTX960 4G graphics card 

Ralph

#14 Post by Ralph »

Not for the Pi.

If I remember correctly, you have to go to the root directory: https://www.raspberrypi.org/documentati ... root%2F%20.
For which you'll need to turn on sudo rights.

Then the Air Player folder is there somewhere. But I would have to have a look around myself to find it, I hardly go there.

Sling

#15 Post by Sling »

Still don’t understand why they are not in the location Keith posted on the AM machine. What am I missing. I haven’t used AP for some time. Has the panel creation/upload process changed?

drnicolas

#16 Post by drnicolas »

Okay, finally I solved my problem, which might be caused by using different users and throwing my AM-machine out of a domain and joining again.
Just a short description what the problem was ...

My old AirPlayer 3.6 on a RPi stopped working. The panel did not show up any more and even the Rpi was not recognized from AM after upgrading to AM 3.7.

Simply installing AirPlayer 3.7 on a fresh SD-card connected my Rpi now to AM 3.7, but the custom panel did not show up! This behaviour is different than the forum guys proposed!

Now, I took the OLD SD-card, bootet the RPI and connected to the file-system via WinSCP. Putting the SD-crd in your PC does not work!
The important diretory tree is located under root!, not under home/pi as you might expect!. Copied the whole tree to a temp directry on my PC.

Then, switch to the NEW SD-card and copy the tree to /root, overwriting the original folder/tree!
This might be a problem, as the /root-folder is not writable for pi!

After a reboot, now my custom Panel did show up under Air Managers devices, but my custom instruments including their code still missing.

Now, I copied the Air Manager folder tree from c:\users\MY_OLD_USER\ to c:\users\MY_CURRENT_USER\

After restarting AM, now I can see my custom panel on the Rpi, including all custom instruments and their code.

BTW: My personal behaviour of using a Domain-User for X-plane and developing might in the future again cause confusion, if I temporarliy use a Domain-Admin-account or a different user
Air Manager 3.6 Home Use - Rpi AirpLayer with 7" Touchscreen