Air Manager 3.6 not seeing Raspberry Pi, had to upgrade to 3.7

Support for Air Player desktop on ARM devices, like the Raspberry Pi.

Moderators: russ, Ralph

bmcmullan

Air Manager 3.6 not seeing Raspberry Pi, had to upgrade to 3.7

#1 Post by bmcmullan »

Ok, it's probably something silly but I'm missing it and fairly decent at this kind of thing. Out of the blue today, Pi boots but no instruments displaying, just Sim Innovations logo. Seen that once before a year ago with corrupt image, but I can SSH into Pi just fine. Reflashed APpi 3.6 home anyway. Pi up, ssh in, it's definitely there. Launch AirManager 3.6, it can't find device. Same network, connected via switch vs router port. Yes, Windows firewall completely off, private and public, triple checked. No other firewall, AV, etc. Been down the list of other possible things and getting nowhere. Reflashed again just in case on a different SD card, same results. Thoughts? Yes, followed all the previously published "fix it" guides here (mostly turn off firewall).

Restarted all the switches and such in network closet. Seriously, after messing with this for couple of hours went to the mains and shut the whole house down to be sure everything reset (note to self, tell the wife next time BEFORE doing that...)

Any thoughts or insights?

sudo netstat -pant doesn't really show anything talking on PI (don't know if it does normally though)

Code: Select all

Active Internet connections (servers and established)
    Proto Recv-Q Send-Q Local Address           Foreign Address         State       PID/Program name
    tcp        0      0 0.0.0.0:22              0.0.0.0:*               LISTEN      545/sshd
    tcp        0      0 192.168.2.23:22         192.168.2.5:2340        ESTABLISHED 637/sshd: pi [priv]
    tcp6       0      0 :::22                   :::*                    LISTEN      545/sshd
ps -A and I don't see anything named "AirManager"

Ok, finally quit skipping the nag to upgrade to 3.7 and guess what, version 3.7 sees the Pi (still on 3.6) - is there a 'kill switch' or something when new AM version comes out to prevent older versions from running??? That would be really annoying if so. 2.5 hours of life gone and wife pissed off at the power outage
FSX/P3D/XP11 - i7@5Ghz, GTX1080, 4 screens + Air Manager screen + custom hardware & Avionics COM, GPS, Radios, XPOND, AP (www.simav8.com)

SimPassion

Re: Air Manager 3.6 not seeing Raspberry Pi, had to upgrade to 3.7

#2 Post by SimPassion »

I guess the AM Plugin is involved in this situation ... if I'm not wrong
so, if having updated to last plugin, perhaps Pi still on 3.6 is not really synced with AM 3.7
no other idea than this on my own

Gilles

bmcmullan

#3 Post by bmcmullan »

Well, psych - it really didn't resolve the problem!

I got so excited to see in Air Manager 3.7 that some icons in Device tab now lit up that I failed to realize it was icons for new features in 3.7 for flashing Arduino's and such.

The Pi remains nicely SSH'able and working, but invisible to Air Manager

Trading coffee for Bourbon and going to do something easy, like brain surgery on a nuclear physicist.
FSX/P3D/XP11 - i7@5Ghz, GTX1080, 4 screens + Air Manager screen + custom hardware & Avionics COM, GPS, Radios, XPOND, AP (www.simav8.com)

SimPassion

#4 Post by SimPassion »

Lol,
so try to update to latest AM Plugin
I would also re flash the Pi with last AM 3.7

Gilles

bmcmullan

#5 Post by bmcmullan »

Just to close the loop. Once I downloaded the Air Player Pi 3.7 "firmware" and flashed it, then the miracle happened and AM 3.7 now (really) sees the Pi...

Or maybe it's the Sazarec Rye that's making me feel better

either way, problem mitigated, cleared for takeoff - er, ADM says no fly after alcoholic beverages, better just go to sleep now...
[trying to have a little fun with this trying situation; we've all been there when #!$@ just won't work]

SimPassion

#6 Post by SimPassion »

Nice, have a good rest
and next enjoy flying with Air manager

Gilles