Any luck with RPI3 and Sunfounder Touch Screens?

Support for Air Player desktop on ARM devices, like the Raspberry Pi.

Moderators: russ, Ralph

bdarl357

Any luck with RPI3 and Sunfounder Touch Screens?

#1 Post by bdarl357 »

Hello everyone,
I'm currently building a C172 panel that uses three screens. The main steam gauges are using a 22" monitor and then I have two Sunfounder 7" IPS touch screens that I'm using for the audio panel, GPS, transponder, and auto pilot. The top touch screen is connected to Windows and has the audio and GPS and seems to be working fine. Unfortunately I've run out of outputs on my GPU so the lower screen is connected to a Pi 3 running AP. That screen has an image and the Pi shows up in AM no problem. I don't seem to be getting touch functionality, however. The screen connects via HDMI for the image and USB for power and touch. I've read here that some touch screens don't seem to work with AP on RPI. Anyone know what the problem could be outside of AP flat out not being compatible with this particular screen? Sunfounder's website states it should be plug and play with a Pi and I can't for the life of me find drivers for it.

In the end, if need be, I could drive the main panel off the Pi and run both touch screens from my GPU/Windows, but that would require a bit of rewiring and yet another order from Amazon to get the proper video adapters.

Anyway, I look forward to hearing what you guys think. Thanks so much!

Hingepin

Re: Any luck with RPI3 and Sunfounder Touch Screens?

#2 Post by Hingepin »

Do you have an IGP or cheap second video card? Russ just released a video about using an IGP to use for AM displays on the same computer. He had a total of 5 screens on one PC using Vulcan.