Adding aircraft to list of available for auto switching

Support for Air Player desktop on ARM devices, like the Raspberry Pi.

Moderators: russ, Ralph

Hingepin

Adding aircraft to list of available for auto switching

#1 Post by Hingepin »

I've finally started to build panels from existing instruments and uploaded to AP. I built a panel for the Cessna T310R and trying to configure the auto switching. How do I add planes to the list of available aircraft? Its obvious its something I overlooked. I'm starting to get info overload going through the forums looking up too many topics at once.

Thanks in advance.

Stu

Sling

Re: Adding aircraft to list of available for auto switching

#2 Post by Sling »

Stu,

Go to the Panels Tab, select a panel in the left pane. In the associated right pane for that panel are its settings. You will have to scroll down in that pane to see all the associated settings for that panel. just underneath the panel layout is a section called start mode. In this section select 'Start the panel automatically when switching to aircraft' and then select the aircraft you want to trigger starting this panel from the list below. If the aircraft is not listed you will have to load the aircraft in the sim while AM is running for it to show.

It's as simple as that. Now everytime any of the selected aircraft are loaded the panel will be loaded in the location you specify in the window preferences section.

I hope that helps.

Tony

Ralph

#3 Post by Ralph »

Not all (add-on) aircraft show up if you're using X-Plane. Open the aircraft with Plane Maker, then Standard -> Author
You'll see a window with all sorts of names you can specify.

Hingepin

#4 Post by Hingepin »

Thanks. I'll take a look. So far, the only planes listed are the 152, 172 and B58. So far, no luck starting XP with AM running to get extra planes to show. I'll play around a bit.

Sling

#5 Post by Sling »

Hingepin wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 1:30 am Thanks. I'll take a look. So far, the only planes listed are the 152, 172 and B58. So far, no luck starting XP with AM running to get extra planes to show. I'll play around a bit.
You have to open the actual aircraft in xplane for it to work. As Ralph says you can edit the aircraft info with planemaker so that may help.

Hingepin

#6 Post by Hingepin »

Thanks for the tips.

Ralph

#7 Post by Ralph »

Check out this page: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=2581